The UK Dart 15 Association

Team event at TT's

Dart 15 Chat
Jon Pearse
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Team event at TT's

Post by Jon Pearse »

Hi all was having a discussion with a fellow club member and sprinter and he mentioned a team type event at the club and it got me thinking. Dangerous to my health I know but whats life without a bit of risk! Would there be any mileage in having a team trophy for the top TT series team or even a league type table for Clubs attending. Could this attract more attendee's? As team members could cajole I mean encourage others to attend!!!!
Liam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Team event at TT's

Post by Liam »

Excellent idea. Only problem is the new webmaster hasn't a clue how the present scoring system works without trying to edit it.
2034 - No Quarter, 1957 - Dreadnought, 1709 - Biscuit
Shanklin Sailing Club
Holder of OTT Shield
9th most improved at 2018 Nationals
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Methinks this looks like one for the next Events Secretary....
Fancy a job? :wink:
Bob
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Liam wrote:Excellent idea. Only problem is the new webmaster hasn't a clue how the present scoring system works without trying to edit it.
The Nationals Team prize is presented to the team whose top placed 3 sailors have the lowest score when their points are added together.

It is the most improved sailor one which is tricky. Robert England wrote a dissertation on it...... :D
Erling
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Erling »

I think its a good idea and think we will try it for the summer TT working it the same as the Nationals.
Martin Searle
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Martin Searle »

Liam wrote:Excellent idea. Only problem is the new webmaster hasn't a clue how the present scoring system works without trying to edit it.
HI Liam,

The TT series scoring system is the simplest of the two, the nationals is a lot more complicated because it records each individual race results, overall results, who entered and qualified the previous year, most improved using Robert England's formula, trophies for all sorts of sub comps, entries etc.

It is essentially just adding up the overall placings in each event and getting the overall position. There is a table entry that defines the series and thus how many results need to be recorded to secure a trophy win.

A team event trophy is possible to add because the competitor entry recorded in the DB includes their club. I suspect you'd need to a new table into the DB to record the overall results for the club for the best 3 (or however many you want to settle for, config option in series? or just use no qualifying races?) competitors in the club, an SQL statement should be able to get the info from the DB and a little program to get the results transferred into the table in a meaningful manner. You may want to link the comps whose results you are using in the table as well. Then its just a case of creating a user consumable page to call up.

Martin S.
Ex Sprint 15 Webmaster
Ex Seasalter SC Webmaster
RYA Regional Race Officer (South East Region) (Expired)
RYA Club Race Coach (Expired)
RYA Dinghy Sailing Instructor (Expired)
Liam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Liam »

Thanks Martin,

that almost sounds too simple. :D
2034 - No Quarter, 1957 - Dreadnought, 1709 - Biscuit
Shanklin Sailing Club
Holder of OTT Shield