Join us to celebrate our 40th Anniversary
Starting out life in 1978 as a Spark - "Designed for Fun", the class has evolved as a Dart 15 and more recently a Sprint 15 - but is still the same fantastic versatile, one design boat.
Come and join our celebrations at the RYA Dinghy Show in March, our National Championships at Weymouth in June or at any one of our events during 2018. We are also pleased to welcome our partners helping to celebrate our anniversary - for more details please see below.
For a gallery of photos from the last 40 years, please click here. If you have any memories or photos to share - please get in touch with George Love We look forward to welcoming old friends and new in this special year.
For more information, please get in touch or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
An introduction to the Sprint 15
- A one-design catamaran which can be sailed two-up, single handed or single-handed with trapeze.
- Versatile and easy to rig and transport (it is car-toppable too).
- An excellent racing circuit of 12 Traveller events throughout the year across a variety of venues, including a National Championships and Sport National Championships.
- Competitors at the highly competitive 2017 National Championships ranged from age 9 to 75!
- A Class Association of around 200 members across the UK with a respected and long standing presence within the wider UK Cat Sailing scene.
- An active volunteer committee who oversee events, class rules and liaison with Windsport, our official supplier, and manage other activities including a stand at the RYA Dinghy Show, a popular website, social media, association magazine and e-newsletters.
RYA Dinghy Show - Free Prize Draw
As part of our 40th birthday celebrations the Class Association and the manufacturer, Windsport International, are together offering great prizes in free-to-enter draws at the Dinghy Show on the 3rd and 4th March. One of these is targeted at prospective new Sprint 15 Sailors and offers a free professional one day catamaran conversion session for half boat sailors together with free membership of the Association in order to help them continue what will be a new love and the other, for existing converts, is free entry to the national championships which are based at Weymouth.
Come and visit Stand B24 and take part in one of the following free draws.
Prize Draw – Prospective New Members
- An exclusive one day catamaran conversion session, courtesy of Windsport International. Get a real hands-on experience of catamaran sailing delivered by a professional "Cat Clinic" coach.
- Free one year membership of the Sprint 15 Association.
- Free entry to our 2018 "40th Anniversary" National Championships at Weymouth.
Terms and conditions will apply - details will be available at the Show.
To buy your Show Tickets - head over to the RYA website.
2018 40th Anniversary National Championships
Saturday 23rd to Monday 25th June - Weymouth and Portland National Sailing Academy
Three days of racing and social events at the home of the 2012 Sailing Olympics.
Friday evening - arrive, registration, evening meal
Saturday - registration, briefing, three races, Association AGM followed by dinner
Sunday - up to four races, Class Association Dinner and entertainment
Monday - two races followed by Prizegiving.
Entry fee includes Class Association Dinner ticket and commemorative t-shirt. For more info see our events section.