The UK Dart 15 Association

Sailing at Windsport - Week of 19th-23rd July

Dart 15 Chat
Ed Tuite Dalton
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Sailing at Windsport - Week of 19th-23rd July

Post by Ed Tuite Dalton »

A number of us Cat sailors are getting together to spend the week of July 19th down at Windsport in Mylor, Cornwall, exploring and enjoying the fabulous waters of the Falmouth estuary. Why not come and join us? Tom and Alex have expanded their Windsport facilities with more pitches, new showers and changing facilities and they are right on the waterfront with plenty of space. Windsport’s charges are £25 per night per pitch. Don’t worry if you aren’t able to come down for the whole week, it will be great to see you for just part of it.

If you don’t enjoy camping, then you could look at hiring a motorhome e.g. from Coast2Coast, Truro (https://www.coast2coastmotorhomehire.co.uk) who will deliver the motorhome to Windsport for the week if you don’t fancy driving it there. Or there are of course B&Bs in the local area.

The week will be informal. There will be plenty of opportunity for day sailing, with trips to St Mawes and Helford Passage, we will organise racing on one of the days and you could arrange tuition from Tom Phipps if you want to improve your skills. Several of us have sailed our 15's two up which makes it more sociable. For those who are not so keen on sailing, there is plenty to see and do or just relax by the water.

This summer seems an ideal time to come and enjoy cruising the estuary, but don’t leave it too long to book!

Hopefully see you down there

Ed
Brian Phipps
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Sailing at Windsport - Week of 19th-23rd July

Post by Brian Phipps »

If the Windsport onsite camping and motorhome option does not float your boat there are a number of other accommodation options within a short drive or walk from Windsport you can check out such as "Hoopers Hill House" situated at the entrance to Mylor creek and within a 5min walk via the harbour to the Windsport sailing venue. http://www.hoopershill.co.uk
Gordon Deuce
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

Post by Gordon Deuce »

Tom , I am interested and would camp. However I cannot confirm until the end of May, but please keep us informed of any developments or changes.
Brian Phipps
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Brian Phipps »

Hi Gordon, I am sure Tom and the Windsport team will do the best to fit you in, but things filling up fast including the camping so the sooner you can confirm the better chance you will have. The camping pitches are growing grass daily!! see the pic and the view!
Attachments
windsport camping pitches under construction.jpg
windsport camping pitches under construction.jpg (167.43 KiB) Viewed 4883 times
Keith Bartlett
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Keith Bartlett »

Hi folks. I can confirm that FREDDIE will be joining you all. I've just booked my camping slot thru Windsport's new Coastland portal

Barbara has decided that the lure of her tomato crop and garden is stronger than spending 6 nights camping with me , so I'll be on my own.

Really looking forward to getting some more sailing in this superb location. See you all in July !

Cheers Keith FREDDIE 1962