The UK Dart 15 Association

dart 15 outboard motor [baldyj]

Dart 15 Chat
Archive
Archive

dart 15 outboard motor [baldyj]

Post by Archive »

baldyj wrote:

has anyone any ideas on fitting a small outboard to a dart 15 to allow easy access to a harbour? cheers, john.
Archive
Archive

Yes - Roger Davies [Bob]

Post by Archive »

Bob replied:

Roger Davies, One of our past magazine editors who now lives at Salcombe, did an article on that in one of our Magazines years ago. I can probably find it and mail you a copy if you send me your postal address.
Bob Carter
(my E mail address is under contacts)
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: dart 15 outboard motor [baldyj]

Post by 565 »

Dear Bob,
Could I too have a copy of this article? I may need it soon,
Best
James Hurst
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Hi James,
Yes of course. It was in the Summer 1994 magazine. I have just scanned it. Have you still got your old email address or has it changed? I'll send you a copy. I'll also sent it to Liam to put on this website.
Regards
Bob
PS Hope that you are fit and well and enjoying retirement.
PPS Pleased to see that you could use our search facility to find this "Blast from the Past" :D
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

James,
I tried sending it to your old email but it bounced. I did also send it to our web master so maybe he will put it on the website......
Cheers
Bob
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by 565 »

Dear Bob,
How great to hear from you. I’m very well thank you I hope that you’re ok too. Thanks for your efforts on the article.

I’ve just had a great sail With the missus off Felixstowe, great fun in a warm North easterly F3!

I hit the beach a bit hard and sprung the locking mechanism on the starboard rudder, and need to buy some new bits. Is there also an article about reassembling the locking mechanism of the rudder stock? I’m sure that I found it last time I did it, about 6 years ago. I’ve found Matt’s and Brian’s service and maintenance articles, but not the above.

Yes I have a new email address, which I’m happy to give you, is there a safe way to do that?

Retirement is great, but I never seem to have enough time for everything that I want to do!
Very best wishes
James
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Hi James, good to hear that you are well. To get my mail address try the one in the contacts section of this web site.I sent the article to Liam so maybe he will add it to the web site( his heart is not into adding outboard motors...... :? ). I think the articles you have found on the rudders are what we have got. If you get stuck put your questions on this chat page or send me an email and a I’ll answer them.
Regards
Bob
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by 565 »

Thanks Bob,
I’ve ordered the bits from Windsports, and am waiting for the WD40 to have some effect on the seized bolt!
Best James
Liam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Liam »

The article is here: https://www.sprint15.com/faq/satans-work.pdf

But if you want to come in and out of harbour with no wind you could always use one of these: https://www.roostersailing.com/pd/Optip ... 100817.htm
2034 - No Quarter, 1957 - Dreadnought, 1709 - Biscuit
Shanklin Sailing Club
Holder of OTT Shield
9th most improved at 2018 Nationals
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by 565 »

Thanks Liam, Satan’s work indeed, but quite fun to know about!
I’ve got the orange paddle thanks, but it doesn’t work at Felixstowe Ferry with a 5 knot tide!
I’ve really enjoyed reading about your exploits over to France and round Britain well done!
Liam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Liam »

Yes, the tide in your river did concentrate my mind when I had to find your slipway or be sucked past it to Woodbridge. GPS says I landed on your gravel at 7 knots.
565 wrote:Thanks Liam, Satan’s work indeed, but quite fun to know about!
I’ve got the orange paddle thanks, but it doesn’t work at Felixstowe Ferry with a 5 knot tide!
I’ve really enjoyed reading about your exploits over to France and round Britain well done!
2034 - No Quarter, 1957 - Dreadnought, 1709 - Biscuit
Shanklin Sailing Club
Holder of OTT Shield
9th most improved at 2018 Nationals