Dart 15 Chat
Liam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sprint 15 Members Satisfaction Survey

Post by Liam »

Notice to all members : 28-10-19
Sprint 15 Members Satisfaction Survey

The RYA has offered The Sprint 15 Association an opportunity for all our members to take part in a survey. The RYA has, from time to time, carried out similar surveys of its members and this year are making the offer to take part to members of sailing class associations.

Your committee have resolved to take up this offer by providing members’ simple contact details (name and email address only) to allow the RYA to make the relevant direct contact to individual members.

The Association hopes that that, by taking part, it can gather useful information about how our members see us and help to make our activities better and more appropriate for the benefit of all.

Your committee would be grateful for your participation and we will let you know the outcome in due course.

So, please look out for an email about this in your inbox shortly. It is understood that the survey will go live around the end of November. There will be the option to opt out if you wish. However, if you wish to opt out beforehand and not have the details mentioned above conveyed to the RYA, please email Secretary Andrew Berisford as soon as possible : secretary@sprint15.com

The above arrangements are in line with The Associations Data Privacy Policy which can be viewed on the website at the following link: https://www.sprint15.com/docs/data-policy.pdf

Thank you in advance for your time in taking part.

If you have any questions about this initiative, please contact George Love whose details can be found in the ‘Contacts’ tab on the website.
2034 - No Quarter, 1957 - Dreadnought, 1709 - Biscuit
Shanklin Sailing Club
Holder of OTT Shield
9th most improved at 2018 Nationals
AJ3XX

Re: Sprint 15 Members Satisfaction Survey

Post by AJ3XX »

Hi,

Could I suggest that this survey is considered to be sent, or at least offered to ex-members & potential members ? Would there be some benefit in understanding why ex-members no longer enrol with the Association or why active Sprint 15 sailors have chosen not to join ?

Ex & non members could be notified of the survey through the various Sprint 15 clubs forums and also the association’s Facebook & Twitter pages. A simple ‘send your email to us to be included’ would give these sailors an opportunity to join the survey.

Of course, there would need to be some relevant questions on the survey about why members join / leave, etc.

Just a suggestion

Andy ...... an ex-member :D
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by George Love »

In reply to AJ3XX (Andy) - (would be good to have your full name and location):
In principle, I see no reason why lapsed members or prospective members may not be included in the survey.
Details of it are already on this website and on Facebook and Twitter.
However, we are primarily interested in the feedback from our current paid up members and, additionally, our Data Privacy Policy, details of which are on the website under the 'Rules' tab, dictates that we can only provide individual's details of current members.
That said, if there are any lapsed or prospective members who would like to be included, may I suggest that they contact me by email in the first instance and provide the following information.
-Name
-email address
-dates of previous membership for lapsed members
-approx. geographical location/sailing club
-a statement confirming they would like to take part in the survey
-sail no. if any
Without making any promises and depending on the response to the above, I'll see what we can do.
Hope that helps.
To prospective members, may I suggest that, at £20 per annum for membership, it's the best £20 you'll ever spend - and in that, I am unanimous :lol:
George Love : Fly-by-Wire : 2019
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by George Love »

Just to advise, the survey will go live on 10 December - that's today!
Members should expect to receive an email from The Leadership Factor (TLF) who are carrying out the survey on behalf of the RYA.
Your committee very much hopes that members will take part and would like to thank you in advance.
The following link gives a bit more background to the initiative:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNAzfUz373I
We are hoping for some comprehensive feedback and candid views which can form a positive response to the information gained :D
Best regards,
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by George Love »

Just to keep all members posted on this - see also my recent posting on the Dinghy Show at which the RYA presented to us an initial 'heads up' on the results of the Class Association Members' survey. This note is just to a say a BIG 'thank you' to all those who took the time to respond to the survey. It is much appreciated. :wink:
There's a lot of great information to digest when the full findings are received and your committee will be looking at this in detail to make as many improvements as possible. But the headline news is that you gave us a Member Satisfaction Index of 87.5 :!: By all accounts that is very good indeed - but you're committee won't be resting on their laurels!