The UK Dart 15 Association

Sad News - Terry Postlethwaite

Dart 15 Chat
Jenny Ball
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Sad News - Terry Postlethwaite

Post by Jenny Ball »

We were sorry to learn that Terry Postlethwaite has recently passed away. His son John recently let us know the sad news but said that Terry and John had great memories of sailing the Dart/Sprint 15.

Bob Carter has shared these thoughts:

"Terry Postlethwaite was a member of the Sprint 15 Association for many years. He was a very good sailor and only had to give up racing his Sprint 15 after having knee replacements which left him unable to bend his knees enough to kneel. This left him struggling to tack and gybe effectively. He tried rolling over to manoeuvre but it was not very successful so he gave up racing. He continued to own and refurbish Sprint 15s for many years. Terry and his family (wife Joan, and son John and daughter in law Di ) were strong supporters of Team Beaver and were always to be found at our Nationals. They loved it at Pentewan where the Beaver ladies would cheer on their menfolk from the beach armed with a box or 2 of white wine. Quite often in the 1990s team Beaver and supporters at the Nationals numbered more than 25. Our thoughts are with Joan, John, Di and family at this difficult time. Terry will be sadly missed..."

John did say that he was considering re-joining the fleet so fingers crossed we will see him out on the water with us at an appropriate time in the future.

Jenny
Georgecart
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Re: Sad News - Terry Postlethwaite

Post by Georgecart »

Sorry to hear this news. Terry was a great sailor and the mainstay of the Sprint 15 fleet at Beaver for many years, building probably the most competitive fleet that has ever existed and a team that supported events around the country. Particularly the nationals where a large team would attend and support the event on and off the water. Terry was always very helpful and welcoming, he built the road trailer that I towed across the country for thousands of miles to sail in events and gave me countless tips. He will be sadly missed and my thoughts are with Joan, John, Di and the family at this time.