The UK Dart 15 Association

Looking for secondhand 15's

Dart 15 Chat
Keith Bartlett
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Looking for secondhand 15's

Post by Keith Bartlett »

Hi all, I've been working away at some of the D18 sailors at Bognor SC, none of whom have regular crews, saying that they really need to get a 15. To my surprise I think I am making progress! and have somewhat foolishly said that I can conjure up some good boats (from somewhere)
So the purpose of this post is to ask if anyone is thinking of selling their 15. If anyone is in this position, please give me a call on 07837 604699.
Cheers and thanks in advance Keith FREDDIE1962
Corky the Cat
Warrant Officer (Class One)

Re: Looking for secondhand 15's

Post by Corky the Cat »

They’re like hens’ teeth.

I struggled to buy my Sprint a month ago. It wasn’t even for sale. I had to buy it through a friend. It was almost as if I needed a reference!

It seems many Sprint owners aren’t aware of our Association website and the ‘for sale’ section. So when they come to sell, they place adverts on club notice boards. This is all very well but they don’t reach a national audience.
Liam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Liam »

There is an oldie on Ebay. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184857410217
2034 - No Quarter, 1957 - Dreadnought, 1709 - Biscuit
Shanklin Sailing Club
Holder of OTT Shield
9th most improved at 2018 Nationals
Mike Godwin
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Post by Mike Godwin »

Hi guys, we are getting even more interest in the Sprint 15 at our club, ideally no too far away from East Sussex. We are on the lookout for another 4! The last time we had this situation we did actually get 4 from all over the country.
If you have any in your club collecting grass and weeds, please pm me directly.
Many thanks.
Mark Aldridge
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Mark Aldridge »

Give Steve Sawford a call...
Mark Aldridge
Corky the Cat

Post by Corky the Cat »

Liam wrote:There is an oldie on Ebay. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184857410217
Any news of where it went?
Corky the Cat

Post by Corky the Cat »

Keith, there is another on e-bay. Current bid £290 with six days to run.
Keith Bartlett
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Keith Bartlett »

Hi folks, does anyone know any background to the boat on e bay from Halifax area?. It's numbered 1875 on the sail, but the hulls are without any lettering or stripes, so may be older. The photos are pretty ropey, and it's a long way to go from Chichester to find out it's a dodgey boat.
Any info much appreciated.
Cheers Keith. FREDDIE. 1962
Fraser1929
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Fraser1929 »

Hi,

I think it’s been painted which is never a good sign- suspect it’s a bit of a dog. It would be good to do a sweep round historic 15 clubs where many lie abandoned.

Thanks

Fraser
Martin
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Martin »

Sprint15b.jpg
Sprint15b.jpg (48.77 KiB) Viewed 6328 times
Sprint15a.jpg
Sprint15a.jpg (57.66 KiB) Viewed 6328 times
Not being an active class association member, I was not aware of the shortage of second hand boats until reading this thread today so I hope it is OK to post this here rather than in the boats for sale section for the time being.

We intend putting our Sprint 15 1941 on the open market shortly. She has been in our ownership since 2014 and has been used lightly (never raced) as a second boat, sailed two up when holidaying on North Norfolk coast during spring and summer months. We only sailed her once last year due to travel restrictions and she has not been used this year as we have acquired another boat (not a Cat this time).

She will come complete with one suit of sails (main still stiff), jib and trapeze gear, recent Rain and Sun cover, trolley and fully adjustable road trailer (no box) in very good roadworthy condition complete with unused spare wheel. The hulls are watertight with just a few scratches commensurate with the age of the boat. The trampoline is in very good condition as are the rudders and lifting mechanisms. There are short and long tiller extensions.

The pictures were taken when we acquired the boat and in the foreground the trailer included in the sale (with our first Sprint on it). (The black rectangle at the rear of the hull is Progrip fitted by the previous owner to aid grip whilst trapezing which I have left in place. At present I do not have any other pictures.

The boat is currently lying at Wells Next The Sea in North Norfolk and can be viewed there at anytime by arrangement from Saturday 10 to Sunday 18 July. If the boat has not been sold and removed from site by then subsequent viewings will have to be at our home in Kenilworth Warwickshire as the storage in Wells will no longer be available to us.

Price? Given the current state of the market I was thinking around £2950 but am open to offers, particularly if I don't have to move the boat to Kenilworth.

Happy to discuss further. Please feel free to PM me or call me anytime on 07597 990394.

UPDATE: Boat sold 21 July 2021 following an earlier enquiry to this post.