Catamaran Trophy

Dart 15 Chat
Mike Godwin
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Catamaran Trophy

Post by Mike Godwin »

Hello from the South coast.
We are holding our own NSSC Catamaran event and would like to present to the winner a Catamaran Trophy, can anyone recommend where we could purchase one from please.
Thanks in advance.
Mike
Jenny Ball
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Catamaran Trophy

Post by Jenny Ball »

Hi Mike

Cat trophies are hard to find. Sailing trophies with half boats or big half boats are easier. I tried to find one when we were replacing the Nationals Youth Trophy but could only find a Hobie one which did not really suit. So I went for a more abstract "boat with sunset" trophy.

I think its probably a question of google searching. There are several online trophy suppliers - I have used a couple and they have been very good. The last one I used for Marconi was http://www.sailingtrophies.co.uk/

It might be worth giving them a call and see if they can do something bespoke - or know where they could source a cat trophy from one of their suppliers?

Jenny
Mike Godwin
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Post by Mike Godwin »

Thanks for that, I finally got to speak with someone and unfortunately they do not have Cat Trophies….. I did point out the commercial opportunities if they were to consider for the future, including Dart 18 and Sprint 15, guess that will be for the future.
I will keep looking.
I will sneak this in here, we acquired another Sprint last Friday, we are now 13 and all sail Sprint mode. It was acquired by a member I didn’t even know was looking, so still looking for another 4 + which is great for our club. He’s never sailed a Cat before, so a 20 min crash course in how to sail one and he was sailing solo for the next 90 mins and loved it…… yes the weather was kind, so still a lot to learn.
Well done at the Nationals to the participants and winners, Iam going to see if we can join in next year……….
Liam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Liam »

Why wait until 2022? The Sport Nationals is almost within sight of your club on a clear day.

https://www.sprint15.com/events/EMS/event.php?id=219

Three days of Sport mode racing in some of the best catamaran sailing water anywhere.
2034 - No Quarter, 1957 - Dreadnought, 1709 - Biscuit
Shanklin Sailing Club
Holder of OTT Shield
9th most improved at 2018 Nationals