The UK Dart 15 Association

Dart 15 Boat Database
owenfackrell
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by owenfackrell »

Hello all I now own 172 which is an original spark with the red strips on the hulls.
She has travelled quite a bit including spending time at Bahrain Yacht Club. She has a plaque on the port hull with her club number and this is also written on the sails and sail bag. I was informed that she also spent time in Kuwait as well.
My plan is to tidy up the hulls over the next few months and service the rudders. I plan to slowly replace worn out parts as i go having already done the standing rigging, main sheet and the toe straps.
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: 172

Post by Bob Carter »

Hi Owen
Well done and welcome to the Sprint 15 Fleet. So what club is it at now? Any chance you will do the odd traveller event?
Cheers
Bob
owenfackrell
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by owenfackrell »

Hi Bob

Not at a club at the moment as my sailing time is unfortunately limited and as such it’s not cost effective to belong to one.
I am based near Calshot and sail in the Solent/Southampton water. I may well do the odd one when suitable.

Owen
Jenny Ball
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Jenny Ball »

Hi Owen

Welcome to the fleet!

I hope you will consider joining us for the 40th Anniversary Nationals at Weymouth in June? I think you might be a strong contender for the oldest boat!

Jenny
Events Assistant