The UK Dart 15 Association

New-sprint [Kevin N.Wales]

Dart 15 Chat
Archive
Archive

New-sprint [Kevin N.Wales]

Post by Archive »

Kevin N.Wales wrote:

Just received my copy in the post, and what a good read. My two girls spotted 1615 sail number in some of the pictures, including the front cover ... Also good to make it on to the "open events" result page (my first year on the road).

Next year must make the third open to count....

Seasons greetings to you all....Kevin

ps Mag posted to Keith Parvin Who's he ??
Archive
Archive

NewSprint Magazine [ED]

Post by Archive »

ED replied:

Hi Kevin - are you sure you're not called Keith ??
Seriously, if the address label was wrong, this means the database details are incorrect, from which the labels are generated, so if you don't want the same thing to happen with the next issue, please contact Andy Chidwick for him to amend your details.
Apologies for the error Keith - err Kevin !
ED
Archive
Archive

NewSprint [AndrewHannah]

Post by Archive »

AndrewHannah replied:

Terrific magazine Paul. I don't know how you do it. There were loads of spectacular photographs of how you should sail your boat and a few of how you shouldn't. I daresay George Love will remember his ride for as long as he lives!

Once again, Phil Breeze was in top form with his cartoons. What an asset to the class, he is.

It is always good to have an update on progress with new boats coming along. Likewise, Brian Phipps' article on lifting a deck panel. When he says "you" can do it, make sure nobody is standing behind you when he says it!

On a sadder note, I hadn't realised Gaye Wollven had passed away. From the little that I knew her, she seemed largely responsible for keeping the Sprints going at Whitstable. (I hope Nick doesn't mind my saying so). I was pleased to have met her, and her crew Elma.

On a brighter note, I have half a mind to leave my copy of NewSprint in the magazine pile at my yacht club, thereby showing it off to others. And from time to time, to dig it out, and put it on the top of the pile again.

Or maybe I'll keep it for myself!

Andrew,
TBYC.