The UK Dart 15 Association

Dart 15 Boat Database
Robin Boardman
Warrant Officer (Class Two)

Post by Robin Boardman »

Now owned by Robin Boardman and sailed at Halifax Sailing Club. Boat was purchased from Dave Taylor in February 2007 who sailed it at Beaver Sailing Club.
In the past the boat was owned by someone from one of the Thames Estuary clubs and crewed by Kevin Dutch as a young lad.
Andrew Hannah
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Andrew Hannah »

Duncan Ford of Thorpe Bay owned 1758 for a number of years. He always kept it in tip top condition and he surprised everyone when bought 1973, a Monte Carlo edition, from Laser Centre.

He then sold 1758 to someone in Calshot, who didn't keep it for very long.
Fading star of the Thorpe Bay fleet
Former rugby player in the extra-B
Struggling musician
Second best cabbage in the village show...
Duncan Ford

Post by Duncan Ford »

I am afraid that Andrew's mail about me and 1758, said with such authority, is completely wrong! The boat I owned was 1755.

I'll post database notes about my past boats as I would be interested to know where they are now.

However, through an amazing coincidence 1078 which is the post below this, and Robin's second boat, was the first Dart I had, shared with Brian Whistler at TBYC, bought from either Seasalter or Herne Bay, in 1989!

Duncan Ford
Kevin Dutch
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Kevin Dutch »

I'm sure that 1758 was purchased new from Laser by Eric sales many years ago and he and I won the two up nationals at pentewan in about 94 or 95?
1938 Flying Dutchman
@sprint151938
Mike Robertshaw
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: 1758

Post by Mike Robertshaw »

I bought 1758 from Robin at the end of 2009. I sail at Beaver and have had a full season. I have attended a few events and apart from breaking it at the nationals have had a great time. Steve has repaired her and she looks fantastic without the cocktail stickers and a new waterline stripe.

Mike