The UK Dart 15 Association

Membership.

Dart 15 Chat
Jaycb
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Membership.

Post by Jaycb »

Could I just get get clarification on something please...

Am I right in thinking that the initial membership fee for this association is £15 and then subsequently it's £10 each year?

I think my membership needs renewing but I've not heard anything - is there any way to find out (other than digging through mountains of old letters) ?
Andrew Hannah
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Andrew Hannah »

My understanding is that it is £15 every year unless you pay by standing order, in which case it is £10 every year.

The best way to check is to ask your bank to produce a list of standing order mandates on your account. If there is no mandate for the Sprint Association, you can assume that you need to post your payment to Keith Bartlett, the association secretary.

Most members, including myself, pay by standing order. Blank mandate forms can be obtained from your bank, and you can send the completed form to Keith.

Hope that helps.
Fading star of the Thorpe Bay fleet
Former rugby player in the extra-B
Struggling musician
Second best cabbage in the village show...
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Membership

Post by George Love »

Hi Jacyb,
According to my copy of the records which, unlike Secretary Keith's, may not be bang up to date, your membership will expire on 8 Feb. 2009.
You do not have a standing order set up so you will need to either send £15 for a year's renewal or set up a standing order for £10 so your membership is automatically renewed each year unless, of course, you cancel at any time.
Do contact Keith to clarify. Hope this helps.
Cheers
George Love : Fly-by-Wire : 2019
Jaycb
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jaycb »

Thanks George, I'll get a cheque off to Keith.
Gordon
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post by Gordon »

Hi Jaycb

The way Andrew says in his reply is correct.
If you're a member and you pay by standing order, the fee is £10 and if you pay by cheque the cost is £15.

There's no initial joining fee, (like your golf club might ask for!), You just opt to pay by S/O or by cheque.

The standing order forms are availabe from your own bank or from Keith if you need one. If you use the one from your own bank, it's best to contact Keith first to get your membership number to include on the form.

Regards
Gordon
Keith Bartlett
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Membership

Post by Keith Bartlett »

Sorry for being a bit late on responding, as I'm down "south" seeking some winter sun.
As the topic of renewal has come up can I summarise the position.

If you pay by cheque its 15 pounds per year ( valid for 12 months from cheque payment)
If you pay by Standing Order its a bargain 10 pounds per 12 months. To get the SO set up correctly you need to get your membership no from me. Most folk have been able to set them up on line quite easily.

Membership renewals. By SO its automatic, so no problem. By cheque its more problematical- either you need to remember, or I need to remind you. I've tried to do the reminders by E mails, but as folk change their E mail addresses quite frequently this doesnt always work.

Its much easier all round AND CHEAPER to pay by SO. So anyone who is reading this and wants to switch to SO please E mail me and I'll give you your membership no.

Cheers

Keith Bartlett FREDDIE 1962 Membership Secretary