The UK Dart 15 Association

Dart Storage

Dart 15 Chat
Andy B
Warrant Officer (Class Two)

Dart Storage

Post by Andy B »

Just become the proud owner of 1289 :D , is there anything in particular that I should do to it when it is left sitting in the dinghy park? I've been told to leave the access hatches off under the cover, just wondering if there was anything else that should be done.

Thanks
Andy
Dart 15, 1899 , Stewartby SC
Mark Aldridge
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Mark Aldridge »

Be sure to remove the hatch covers, dry the hulls and the cocktail cabinets and keep the boat above the wet grass. Sit it on tyres or similar at the stern and use the trolley at the bows.
Mark Aldridge
KarlPountney
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by KarlPountney »

Andy,

Are you one of the new bods at Stewartby?

Reverse the boat into it's space. Much easier.

I would recommend that you tie the boat down securely. We had a kestrel over at the weekend and the when the wind whips through the dinghy park it can be carnage for folk who have tied the boat down.

Most at the stewpot have a rope or webbing strap running across the boat between the tie-down rings in the space. In addition, most will have put a ground anchor in under the front beam below the mast with the boat tied down to the ground anchor.

You may also consider chaining up the mast via a screwdriver or long bolt through the mast ball and a padlock and chain. We had a mast theft at the club some years ago and most now secure their mast.

Cut the grass in your space regularly. It keeps the dew off.

Karl
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

KarlPountney wrote:Andy,

Are you one of the new bods at Stewartby?

Karl
I Joined last September, have been sailing a Graduate up until now, just needed something a bit more exciting to sail and hopefully I will join in with the racing soon.

Andy
Dart 15, 1899 , Stewartby SC