The UK Dart 15 Association

Race Training at Yorksire Downs SC.

Dart 15 Chat
hhawkes
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Race Training at Yorksire Downs SC.

Post by hhawkes »

YDSC has kindly agreed to a Training Day on Saturday 18th April.

This is aimed at northern Sprint 15 sailors who are new to the boat and those not-so-new who are in need of a leg-up. The redoubtable Charles Watson has agreed to help.

It would be very helpful if interested parties could let me know by responding either to this thread or by emailing me at hchhawkes@gmail.com.

Once I have an indication of numbers I'll announce the details; in the meantime I look forward to a deluge of replies.

Howard Hawkes.
Charles
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Race Training at Yorksire Downs SC.

Post by Charles »

Yorkshire DALES SC, Howard.

We don't have southern softie downs in Yorkshire, we have windswept & interesting dales which transition from the flat lands of the East Coast to the true grit of the Pennines.

Anyway, see you there. :D
Charles
1237, Sticks and Stones
1942, Ingrid
Yorkshire Dales SC
God does not deduct from our allotted life span the time spent sailing (or talking, texting, reading, posting to websites & emailing about it)
hhawkes
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by hhawkes »

Oops!!!

I think if I blame that error on the extra glass of WINE I'd make things even worse!
hhawkes
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by hhawkes »

And I meant to write:

Race Training at Yorkshire Dales SC! Does this mean I need to arrive wearing my drysuit?
dart1909
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

Post by dart1909 »

Hi Howard yes you will need a dry suit though we do have full underfloor heating in the club house and changing rooms . Hope we can welcome a few visitors to Yorkshire dales S C .full galley faclities will be avalible with a meal deal at £4.95 main and pud plus drink .food is excellent .Great venue come and enjoy the dales bring the family if you want fabulous walk round the lake or great viewing area in or superb Club House ...
Charles
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Charles »

YDSC is a bit warmer than HxSC as it's 400ft lower, but still 1000ft higher than the salty stuff.

The club is indeed very welcoming, food excellent & WARMING and club great for viewing the sailing. The warm changing room floor on your cold toes-ise is absolute bliss!

Oh, and the sailing is good too! :D

Hope to see a good turnout.
Charles
1237, Sticks and Stones
1942, Ingrid
Yorkshire Dales SC
God does not deduct from our allotted life span the time spent sailing (or talking, texting, reading, posting to websites & emailing about it)
dart1909
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

Post by dart1909 »

Just a Reminder to any Northern Sprinter or Indead Any Sprinter Who would like Guidence and Training .
Howard Hawkes is running a Training Day day at Yorkshire Dales sailing Club 18th April ,rigged and ready for 11am
weather looking good ....personally looking forward to it and our first |Sprint event at the club ..

We Have a Modern Club House with spectacular views over the Yorkshire Dales
under floor heating ,Great Galley bring the family loads to do locally

Malcolm
Sprint 1909