Newsprint Spring 2015 Edition

Dart 15 Chat
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Newsprint Spring 2015 Edition

Post by George Love »

Hi Folks,
The Newsprint offices have been humming today in an effort to despatch the latest edition of your favourite magazine. They're in the post so you should receive it by the weekend latest. :D
If you don't get a copy and you were expecting one, the reason could be:
-you've not paid your subs :oops:
-you've moved house and not told us :roll:
-we've made a mistake and missed you off the mailing list :?
In any event, you need to make contact with David Groom (membership man), let him know and between him and me, I'm sure we'll get it sorted.
In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this issue. I'm off to partake in a wee dram (or two!).
Cheers & Laughter
George Love : Fly-by-Wire : 2019
DavidGroom
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Newsprint Spring 2015 Edition

Post by DavidGroom »

Well done George long soak in the bath with the magazine and a beer coming up for me. As you say anyone not get a copy who think they should please contact me via secretary link on this website
David Groom

For cat sailors life has two certainties d@@@h and racing a Sprint 15
Steve Willis
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Steve Willis »

Excellent magazine George, thanks for all your efforts.

Thanks also to Gordon for his kind words about our club in his Chairman's report. As said, only a large turnout by club members makes it possible to hold the TT events at Seasalter as we are entirely volunteer based, and we are pleased that each year nearly half the club members come to the previous work party to ready the field and to help and watch the sailing during the event. In return the club gains by building on our family ethos of involvement.

Hopefully we can persuade our intrepid long distance team to write about their trip up the east coast to the EC Piers Race a couple of weeks ago.
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by George Love »

A postscript to my original post. Looking through my own copy of the latest edition - not that I'm reading it for the first time! - I noticed a few mistakes in the text which I try to avoid as much as possible.
I would just like to point out that the errors in this edition are entirely my fault :oops: and relate to text I added AFTER our proof reader, Carol Smith had done her stuff on the bulk of the text in each article. Sorry, Carol! Lesson learnt - and I'll be interested to know if any of the readers spot them. Do let me know. I'll buy a drink to the one who spots the most - so you need to read every word!!
Cheers & Embarrassment
George Love : Fly-by-Wire : 2019
Robin Boardman
Warrant Officer (Class Two)
Warrant Officer (Class Two)

Post by Robin Boardman »

I found the latest edition of Newsprint to be an excellent read with a wide variety of interesting articles. Well done to all who contributed and to George for editing, in particular to his decision not to reprint previous race reports which are usually dull and out of date. If inspiration strikes, I will try and produce something myself but be warned, all nouns will be preceeded by t'
Robin Boardman - Glasson SC
Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you