Stokes Bay

Dart 15 Chat
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Stokes Bay

Post by Bob Carter »

Andrew Hannah wrote:
hhawkes wrote:I'm going. I've even bought a tent I can stand up in which doesn't need the help of George Love and Keith Bartlett to erect. :D
Dear Howard, I trust you are keeping well.

I well remember your previous tent. Especially when on one night, a renowned sailor from Seasalter baptized it with a barrel of his finest!
I heard that he pitched his tent as far away from the Clubhouse as possible because he was trying to get away from some joker playing guitar and singing. :wink:
hhawkes
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by hhawkes »

Andrew! We haven't seen you for a while, how about coming along?
Mike Gough
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Mike Gough »

Anyone know if there is any camping or room for a motorhome at Stokes bay, there is mention on there web page about the possible use of a field near the club, but doesn't say if this is being used for the event weekend...
DavidGroom
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by DavidGroom »

In the past campers have been allowed in the public car park by the club but I am told this now has a height barrier. I am also told other local car parks do not and Paul Grattage knows some nearby roads that welcome the parking of campers foe extended periods.
David Groom

For cat sailors life has two certainties d@@@h and racing a Sprint 15
Erling
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Erling »

The only parking is in the council car park that cost about £5to £6 a day but no campers and you then just take your boat trailer by hand to park that. You can camp in the boat park but only room for single tents. Will be a dinner at the club in the evening and you can get breakfast as well.
Mike Gough
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Mike Gough »

DavidGroom wrote:In the past campers have been allowed in the public car park by the club but I am told this now has a height barrier. I am also told other local car parks do not and Paul Grattage knows some nearby roads that welcome the parking of campers foe extended periods.
Thanks David for the info, how do I get hold of Paul or is he going to Stokes bay
Mike Gough
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Mike Gough »

Erling wrote:The only parking is in the council car park that cost about £5to £6 a day but no campers and you then just take your boat trailer by hand to park that. You can camp in the boat park but only room for single tents. Will be a dinner at the club in the evening and you can get breakfast as well.
Will probably look for a camping site for the nights I'm there and find somewhere to park up during the day, thanks for the info thou.
DavidGroom
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by DavidGroom »

Mike

Camp site is probably a good bet but may be some way away. I intend to park camper on nearby car park. Comment re Paul's camper was a bit tongue in cheek.
David Groom

Mike Gough
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Mike Gough »

DavidGroom wrote:Mike

Camp site is probably a good bet but may be some way away. I intend to park camper on nearby car park. Comment re Paul's camper was a bit tongue in cheek.
Going down there on Thursday to drop off cat at the club so will check it out.
DavidGroom
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by DavidGroom »

I have just spoken to Debbie the ever helpful Stokes Bay Sailing Club Administrator. She confirms the car park by the Club has height barriers allegedly set at 2.2m but more accurately around 2.4m and that their are only half a dozen spaces outside of these barriers. However she also advised that the nearest car park to the west, about a 500m walk, has no barriers at present and that the Club will have people on hand to help drop boats off and allow campers to go to this car park.
David Groom

Mike Gough
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Mike Gough »

DavidGroom wrote:I have just spoken to Debbie the ever helpful Stokes Bay Sailing Club Administrator. She confirms the car park by the Club has height barriers allegedly set at 2.2m but more accurately around 2.4m and that their are only half a dozen spaces outside of these barriers. However she also advised that the nearest car park to the west, about a 500m walk, has no barriers at present and that the Club will have people on hand to help drop boats off and allow campers to go to this car park.
Thanks for your help David, if the rest of the Sprint 15 members are as helpfully, this will make my first event enjoyable and helpfully and well worth the trip down from up North.
hhawkes
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by hhawkes »

Sorry guys, I won't be at Stokes Bay because Snettisham needs helpers for its 2000 open this weekend.
Have fun!
Andrew Hannah
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Andrew Hannah »

hhawkes wrote:Sorry guys, I won't be at Stokes Bay because Snettisham needs helpers for its 2000 open this weekend.
Have fun!
Howard, why are you running 2000 events in 2015? Perhaps it's normal in Norfolk!
Fading star of the Thorpe Bay fleet
Former rugby player in the extra-B
Struggling musician
Second best cabbage in the village show...
hhawkes
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by hhawkes »

Andrew, EVERYTHING is normal in Norfolk!
George Stephen
Captain
Captain

Re: Stokes Bay Results

Post by George Stephen »

For those who couldn't go but want to know how this event is going, try http://www.stokesbay-sc.co.uk/result/open/sprint15.htm. At the time I copied and pasted the link it showed results of the first 3 races. I guess that this link will also show the final results later tomorrow, but if it doesn't try the club website http://www.stokesbay-sc.co.uk, hover your cursor over the Open Events box, click on Results and then click the obvious link to Sprint15 results.
George 1594