Oxford Open Meeting - Loan boat Needed

Dart 15 Chat
pegums
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Oxford Open Meeting - Loan boat Needed

Post by pegums »

Hi All,

Some of you will remember my colleague Clive Latham who used to sail with me at Oxford. Clive had to sell his sprint 15 following a nasty motorcycle accident a few years ago. Pleased to say he is now back to top form and I might even tempt him back into the fleet. To help with this I need a loan boat so clive can join in the Oxford TT, can anybody help ? I am happy to assist with transport as my boat is already at Oxford. Please let me know, it would be great to beat the previous total of 23 entries at Oxford.
thanks
Stewart
All That Jazz
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Oxford Open Meeting - Loan boat Needed

Post by Robert »

I have one for sale. Maybe he'd like to try it out? I can put him onto my insurance policy.
Robert England
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Robert wrote:I have one for sale. Maybe he'd like to try it out? I can put him onto my insurance policy.
Corr - hope you are not giving up. :( Are you OK?
Regards
Bob
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

Yes I'm okay thanks Bob. I'm just not getting to events so I'm not getting any sailing. My effort to time on water balance doesn't compute, so I'm finally going to take note of the first rule of going sailing: get something that is sailed close by. I tried this with an RS 300 some time back but didn't get it right as I had the only one at the club (doh!) I also had unfinished business with my cat.

I've recently bought an Aero and the local fleet is up to 20 so I'm hoping for a little bit more time on the water without all the hard work to achieve it. Should be able to improve on the two Sprint 15 events I've been to this year. I've had a great time over the last ten seasons and enjoyed the company of some good friends. I'll miss all that but sadly Catrix has to go. Didn't think I would sell it but the time seems right, so I'm looking for a good home for an old friend. It's not on Buy and Sell yet but I expect I'll get round to it before too long.

Cheers

Robert
Robert England
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Hi Robert,
Sorry to hear that we are about to loose you, but happy to hear that you are OK.
Our Nationals is coming your way next year so maybe if you do not sell immediately you may make it for a swan song.... :wink:
Regards
Bob
PS Good to hear that you are not giving up on sailing :D
wpitcairn
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by wpitcairn »

Robert I may be on the lookout for a boat for next year, been laser sailing at Frensham but still thinking about cat sailing.

Regards Will
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

wpitcairn wrote:Robert I may be on the lookout for a boat for next year, been laser sailing at Frensham but still thinking about cat sailing.

Regards Will
My word,
Are you the same Willie Pitcairn that owned a Dart 15 (#1577) and sailed at Marconi some 25 years ago? Hope to see you sailing a Sprint 15 soon. :D :D :D
Regards
Bob
wpitcairn
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by wpitcairn »

Yes Bob I am the same and I did have 1577 but I think I moved on to a Grafitti boat (16xx) as well. I sailed the DART18 out of stokes bay after Marconi and have been stuck sailing lasers at Frensham (I do hate Pond sailing) as my kids limited my sailing time. So now thinking of Dart 15 again, which are still my favourite Sailing experience by far. I was thinking of the south coast as a base, maybe Littlehampton as they look like they have a few boats.

Regards Will
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Good Show,
Cheers
Bob
P.S. It is worth getting involved in a bit of dialogue with the South Coast sailors before you pick your club, just to make sure you go somewhere where there are some active Spring 15 sailors.
pegums
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by pegums »

Robert,
will have a chat to Clive on Monday and let you know. i also tried an Aero in the summer, liked it ! stew
pegums
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by pegums »

Robert,
Have spoken to Clive and he is keen, do we pick up from you or meet somewhere between us, let me know
ta
stew
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

Sorry Stew - it's just been sold! Hope you find another one in time . . .
Robert England
pegums
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by pegums »

Robert, no worries thanks for letting me know. Good luck with the new boat stew