Dinghy Show 2017 March 4th and 5th Ally Paly

Dart 15 Chat
DavidGroom
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Dinghy Show 2017 March 4th and 5th Ally Paly

Post by DavidGroom »

Dear all

It is Dinghy Show time and your Association needs you to man and women it's stand at the Dinghy Show. It is great fun meeting Sprint 15 and other lesser catamaran sailers and Gives you the chance to convert half boat sailors into more enjoyable forms of racing.

I already have some willing volunteers and am now looking for more willing or even unwilling ones.

I need volunteers for Friday evening to help erect the stand, all day Saturday and all day Sunday including dismantling the stand early evening. You will get free entry to the Show and the chance for some nautical retail therapy.

Please e mail me by the end of The week if you can assist using the following address as found on the contacts page of this website or PM me

Publicity@sprint15.com

Thanks in advance

David Groom
David Groom

For cat sailors life has two certainties d@@@h and racing a Sprint 15
Andrew Hannah
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Dinghy Show 2017 March 4th and 5th Ally Paly

Post by Andrew Hannah »

Hi David,

Are you planning to man the stand in 'shifts'? If so, what time slots are you looking for?

Andrew.
Fading star of the Thorpe Bay fleet
Former rugby player in the extra-B
Struggling musician
Second best cabbage in the village show...
DavidGroom
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by DavidGroom »

Thank you to all the volunteers manning and womaning our stand. Hopefully they will have loads of visitors.

Special thanks to Howard Hawkes for last minute willingness to stand in for me over the weekend as I can no longer attend

See you all at Grafham
David Groom

Andrew Hannah
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Andrew Hannah »

I visited the show today. Seems to be busier than ever.

As usual, the Sprint stand was especially welcoming. Farmer Hawkes was there and so was Jenny Ball. They had plenty of helpers including Steve Healy, George Love and Rob Bailey. And that was just in the first hour.

It was good to see sailors from other cat classes visit us. And there was general interest too.
Fading star of the Thorpe Bay fleet
Former rugby player in the extra-B
Struggling musician
Second best cabbage in the village show...
DavidGroom
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by DavidGroom »

So how did it go? Photos look great and justify the work done Fri onwards but was it worthwhile? Any comments from visitors?
David Groom

Jenny Ball
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Jenny Ball »

Dinghy Show 2017.jpg
Dinghy Show 2017.jpg (77.44 KiB) Viewed 6443 times
It was a great show - plenty of visitors to the stand and lots of discussions with people who have just bought a 15 or are interested in doing so. Brightlingsea appears to be on the cusp of recruiting 3 new Sprint 15s - despite my best efforts to poach them for Marconi. And a great team of people manning the stand, of course!

We also ran a prize draw - one young entrant added to his entry form "Stall very exciting and enticing". I am working on the basis he meant our stand, and not the Foiling Moth in the other hall.......

Picture attached for anyone not on facebook.

Jenny