The UK Dart 15 Association

Entries for the 2017 Sprint 15 Nationals are now open!

Dart 15 Chat
Jenny Ball
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Entries for the 2017 Sprint 15 Nationals are now open!

Post by Jenny Ball »

Hi All

The 2017 Sprint 15 Nationals make a welcome return to Thorpe Bay, Essex from 22nd to 24th July.
Come and join us!

Early bird entry discount is available so do get your entries in early.
Free onsite camping. Lots of local accommodation - but worth getting your booking in early as its the first weekend of the school holidays in these parts. Its a fairly early start on Saturday - so you may like to book in from Friday night.
Evening meals available on Friday and Saturday nights plus the Class Association Dinner and entertainment on Sunday night.

And this year we have online entries with payments via BACS.
(Paper based entry forms will be available in the forthcoming magazine)

For the Notice of Race, information about the weekend and venue - go to:
https://www.sprint15.com/events/EMS/event.php?id=153

To enter online - go to:
https://www.sprint15.com/nationals-entries.php

See you there!

Jenny - Events Sidekick
Chris - Chair Boss and Events Boss
dave42w
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Re: Entries for the 2017 Sprint 15 Nationals are now open!

Post by dave42w »

Hi,

Jane and I are coming. Although unless we manage to lose around 60kg between us by then I'll be racing single-handed :-)

Q: This comes at the end of a weeks holiday. Would it be possible to keep our Sprint 15 in the Dinghy park and sail from Monday 17th to the end of the Nationals? As we will be using our caravan and bringing the boat on the van roof it is easier if we stay in one place.

Looking forward to coming last so I have a chance at the most improved trophy next year ;-)

Dave
Jenny Ball
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Jenny Ball »

Hi Dave

I have asked TBYC the question. Keeping the boat there might be possible. I doubt they will be able to support the caravan being their all week due to local council regulations - so you may need to make alternative provision for that. But I have asked and will let you know.

Jenny
moreair
Warrant Officer (Class Two)
Warrant Officer (Class Two)

Post by moreair »

Dave, sorry for the slow reply, just starting to get in full swing for the Nationals.

Jenny is correct the area that we use for caravans is classed as a Southend Council Car Park and a Bye Law says that normally there should be no camping. We get special permission for the weekend Friday until Monday, so probably best to plan some camping in another location, although I will let you know if we think it is OK to come any earlier.

There is a camping site just north of Southend (7 miles drive) at a place on the next river, The Crouch called Canewdon, I believe it is OK, even having heard local neighbours spending a few nights there just to get away. The website link is http://www.riversidevillageholidaypark.co.uk/.

You can however drop your boat off on the Monday and we will be able to find a temporary space for the week. However couldn't help noticing that campsite says they have a slipway, so you could spend a couple of days cruising the River Crouch, something none of us have done before.

Let us know what your plans are and somebody will be around to store your boat safely and or even join you on some sails around the Thames Estuary.

Paul Morgan
Paul - Sprint 1954
dave42w
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post by dave42w »

Thanks both for the replies. Sorry been frantically busy rebuilding a house for our sons.

I've found some tiny caravan sites (5 caravans max) that are nice and close so it is only the boat that will need to be at the club for the extra time. If we can move the caravan on site for the event that would be great. I'll get the online entry sorted ASAP.

Dave