The UK Dart 15 Association

Dart 15 Boat Database
Charles
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Charles »

"Sticks & Stones (may break my bones, but a gale force eight excites me)" was bought in August 2002 from Bob Pearson at Carsington SC.

And I've got to say it was a pleasure buying the boat from him.

I just went to look at what was then "Henry's Cat", having plenty of sailing experience, but never having sailed a cat. It was a lovely sunny day, with a light breeze & as I ummed & ahhd Bob suggested I have a sail (good marketing ploy). He loaned me some gear & I went off for a trip round Carsington.

This was my kind of boat from that point on & I enjoy taking her back to CSC to take on the great set of guys that I now count as some of my best Sprint friends (well they are more or less real Northerners!).

So Bob & I did a deal, which on the ad included a trailer, but this was in an unsalvageable state, so Bob directed my to Halfords to buy a roof rack & even bought it for me, not having seen a penny of my money. The excited sailors face was obviously enough to trust!

Since then she has changed her name & livery & had a new main, but is otherwise still as teriffic a boat as the day she popped out of the mould, I suspect.
Charles
1237, Sticks and Stones
1942, Ingrid
Yorkshire Dales SC
God does not deduct from our allotted life span the time spent sailing (or talking, texting, reading, posting to websites & emailing about it)
Charles
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Charles »

Ray Gall tells me that Bob purchased Henry's Cat in 2001.

Prior to this she sat in Carsington boat park unused from 1997.

Who pwned her then & what happened to her between 1997 & 1988 when the mysterious Henry purchased her from new?

I've been told by a number of sailors past & present about Henry, but I've never met him.
Charles
1237, Sticks and Stones
1942, Ingrid
Yorkshire Dales SC
God does not deduct from our allotted life span the time spent sailing (or talking, texting, reading, posting to websites & emailing about it)
Charles
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: 1237

Post by Charles »

Sticks & Stones is moving on after 20 years of enjoyable sailing & racing at Halifax SC, Yorkshire Dales SC & Nationally; mostly una rig, a few Sport Nationals & 2-up with Elenya until she was about 11.

Brian Bennett from York is taking her EVEN further north to sail on the Solway Firth where he is planning to enjoy her & teach his grand children the joys of sailing.
Charles
1237, Sticks and Stones
1942, Ingrid
Yorkshire Dales SC
Charles
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: 1237

Post by Charles »

Correction.

New owner is Gary Day, North Lincolnshire & Humberside SC.
Charles
1237, Sticks and Stones
1942, Ingrid
Yorkshire Dales SC