Newbie [Andrew J]

Dart 15 Chat
Archive
Archive

Newbie [Andrew J]

Post by Archive »

Andrew J wrote:

Hello all,

I used to sail a Hobie 16 (I know, I know: boos & hisses all round) out of Durban and Richards Bay in South Africa (where the term 'drysuit' means a two-piece Pierre Cardin that is not yet saturated with sweat!).

I have now re-settled in the UK and am contemplating my first Dart15 purchase. I can only afford a second-hand machine and my question to the group is what should I look for in a second hand boat? What are the know weak areas and areas of high maintenance (eg on the Hobie de-lamination of the hulls is a common flaw)?

Regards,
Andrew
Archive
Archive

Newbie - advice [Andrew J]

Post by Archive »

Andrew J replied:

Hindsight, they say, is 20/20 vision ...

I have just discovered the other three pages of conversation on this site and have read the thread dating from June on this very topic!

I'd still welcome any other advice forum members may have.

Regards,
Andrew
Archive
Archive

Newbie [Bob Carter]

Post by Archive »

Bob Carter replied:

Andrew,
As you have noticed we have written quite a lot on this in the Chat Pages. Other than this I would advise you to come to one of our Dart 15 Clubs and have a Chat with our fleet members. You will find us a helfull and friendly lot and most of our members will willingly give you some pointers. I am based at Grafham and we have lots of Dart 15s but if you let us know where you live I can give you a friendly contact.
Cheers
Bob Carter
PS It is the Grafham Open Meeting this coming weekend so it would be a good time to meet lots of us if you are nearby.