The UK Dart 15 Association

Furling Line Cleat [Alan Price.]

Dart 15 Chat
Archive
Archive

Furling Line Cleat [Alan Price.]

Post by Archive »

Alan Price. wrote:

My jib furling line cleat appears to be original(teeth worn) and is a RWO brand. Am I allowed to replace this with a similar one if I can't obtain another RWO one.
Also; I joined the association about Sept. last year and recieved a magazine at that time. I have'nt rccieved anything else since, not even a renewal notice. But via this excellent site I've kept up to date and learned one or two things (I'm new to multis),so I'm posting ?15 to Tim. I will be reassembling my enormous trailer and coming to one or two events in 2001. Look forward to meeting a few of the names, many thanks, Alan. Dart15 1442 & OK 2041
Archive
Archive

Furling Line Cleat [Bob Carter]

Post by Archive »

Bob Carter replied:

Hi Alan. No one will argue if you fit another similar cleat. We are not that sort of class. It is nicer if you can get the same sort, however, as it then fits the holes on the cross beam. I cannot recollect the part number but if you drill it off and read the number off the bottom, I'm sure that you can get it by mail order off the web (try www.sailboats.co.uk).
I am sorry you are not getting your magazine. This is often due to a data base or address error. I suggest that you EMail our secretary (Tim) whose EMail address is on the contacts section of this web page. Tell him you problem and ensure that you tell him your address and I'm sure that you will get the magazine.
I'm pleased that you plan to try some open meetings and look forward to meeting you.
Regards
Bob Carter
PS What Club are you based at?
Archive
Archive

Furling LIne Cleat. [Alan Prica]

Post by Archive »

Alan Prica replied:

Thanks Bob.I've seen the correct size cleats in the local chandlers but they're not RWO. My original membership from last year has probably lapsed anyway so I've posted Tim a fresh form and some subs. I joined Hayling Ferry S.C. on the entrance to Langstone Harbour having bought no.1442 via this site in February from a chap in Worthing. All this was after an OK open the previous July at Herne Bay S.C. where I saw several 15s going very quickly(compared with an OK) in the sunshine.Got to have one, I thought. Although I've sailed dinghies for 30 years, I'd never sailed a cat.This year I've had to relearn just about everything.What a difference to a monohull singlehander!. But I'm 100% hooked. See you soon.
Archive
Archive

Furling Line Cleat - or alternatively events near you. [Bob

Post by Archive »

Bob Carter replied:

Hi Alan. Thanks for the reply. Next year we plan to have a couple of TT events on the South Coast. Angmering (June 9/10)is quite close to where your boat came from. I'm also trying for Swanage on 20/21 April but this one is yet to be finalised.
The Sprint Nationals is at Gurnard on the Isle of Wight in early May. You can sail across from Lepe Park (with rescue boat in attendance) which saves on the ferry and is fun.
Finally, if you are the hardy type we have a one day one meeting at Queen Mary S.C. on 18 Feb.
So there are plenty of options.
Hope to see you soon.
Cheers
Bob Carter
Archive
Archive

Association Membership [Mark Aldridge]

Post by Archive »

Mark Aldridge replied:

Don't send ?15, pay by direct debit and pay ?10.