The UK Dart 15 Association

Anybody lost a Dart 15? [Jonathan]

Dart 15 Chat
Archive
Archive

Anybody lost a Dart 15? [Jonathan]

Post by Archive »

Jonathan wrote:

I've just received the following email, can anybody out there help identify the owner of this Dart 15?

----

I am e-mailing you on behalf of a friend, who hopes you can supply him with some information regarding a Dart 15 on Coniston Lake. The boat was found capsized on some rocks and now has a large gash in the side and a broken mast. My friend recovered the boat as he felt it was going to be further damaged, and he is now keen to find the owner - we hope you can help. He has reported it to the police and asked around locally without success.

On the Starboard hull, there is a badge:

Carsington Sailing Club 1997 no. 447

This is how I found you on the net. We hope you can use this to tell us some information on tracing the owner, as we are sure they would be interested to find the boat.

It is a Dart 15 that is white with a Turquoise and Pink stripe and a Blue tarpaulin trampoline. There are 2 numbers that we take to be manufacturers numbers?

Port Hull : 152267
Starboard Hull : 252268

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Archive
Archive

I.D....... [Keith in Hong Kong]

Post by Archive »

Keith in Hong Kong replied:

The numbers as most of us know relate to the age and sail number.

I've forgotten who found out mine for me, but I think it was routed through the Laser Centre.

Once you get the sail number etc. (or before if the boat park number (?) from Carsington is any use) send an e-mail to Carsington to trace if possible the last owner.....if they will give out the info.

1997 was a long time ago though, and Coniston is a long way away......so you could be struggling...

Ah well.....saved me writing an article for the mag.....

Keith

PS Hi Bob......just got back from New Zealand refreshed and with a new years resolution.......!!!!!
Archive
Archive

Anybody lost a Dart 15? [Bob]

Post by Archive »

Bob replied:

Hi,
We in the Dart 15 association have no way to link the hull numbers with a boat number and owner. From the description the boat is a Monarco colour Dart 15 which would have been made in 1989. The sail number will be in the range of 1320-1460.

The Best Chance is for Mike Brassington or Jerry Hampshire to rummage in the Carsington records for 1997 and see if they can identify the owner from the Carsington 447 label. This assumes it has not been sold in the meantime, of course.

Cheers

Bob