The UK Dart 15 Association

Jib Tracks [Kevin North Wales]

Dart 15 Chat
Archive
Archive

Jib Tracks [Kevin North Wales]

Post by Archive »

Kevin North Wales wrote:

Can anyone give me info on fitting jib tracks to the Dart 15. Having gone out yesterday two up in a bit of a blow I pulled one fairlead hook out of the deck, and broke the rivet of the other.
Do the Laser centre sell a kit to do the job at an inflated price or is there a parts list I can have.

Regards Kevin.....
Archive
Archive

Jib Tracks [Bob]

Post by Archive »

Bob replied:

Hi Kevin,
This is a repeat of an earlier reply on the same topic from 16 January.
Cheers
Bob

You need the following parts - all RWO
2 off 330mm track R2701
4 off end stops R2770
2 off adjustable eye R2560
You can get them all from pinnel & bax - web site
www.pinbax.com.

To fit you need lots of pop rivets. Drill off the old fairleads. Fill in one hole on each side with a pop rivet. The second hole is used to start fixing the tracks. Position the tracks roughly central to the old fairlead position (bias slightly forward if anything)using the existing hole left in the boat. Mark all the other fixing holes (4 per side), centre punch & drill the hulls. Pop rivet the tracks in pace. Seal all pop rivets with clear silicon seal. Place end stops in position. Mark and drill hulls (4 more holes!)Pop rivet end stops in position after locating the sliders on the tracks.
The whole job costs about ?40. I've done it on the last 5 Dart 15s I've owned and I have never had a problem once done.
All Dart 15s since #1200 come with Barton Blocks + integral clam cleat for the jib sheet. They don't seem to be listed in the catalogues I've got and there is no part number on them. The Laser Centre part number is D40365 - you need 2 off plus 2 off 2 off 2361
Best of Luck
Bob Carter