The UK Dart 15 Association

Inland Championship Results [Austin Flather]

Dart 15 Chat
Archive
Archive

Inland Championship Results [Austin Flather]

Post by Archive »

Austin Flather wrote:

Could someone please explain to me how the positions are worked out when the points are equal after all races sailed. At the recent inlands at Rutland I notice that 2nd & 3rd were tied with 2nd having a lower last race result and lower discard. 4th & 5th were tied with 4th having a lower last race. 8th & 9th however (I was 9th by the way so might be biased) whilst tied on points 8th had a higher last race position and higher discard? This has confused me.
Archive
Archive

Inland Championship Results [George]

Post by Archive »

George replied:

The tie should be broken by:
-most 1st places,if still tied most 2nd places etc.
-if still tied, the highest place in the last race in which both boats sailed is normally used

Normally the ties seem to favour Bob Carter...
Archive
Archive

Ties [Bob]

Post by Archive »

Bob replied:

Austin,
Ties are ALWAYS decided by the manner published in the sailing instructions before the proceedings start. If the Club has failed to define it adequately we fall back on the guidelines I send to the sailing clubs before the event, Which I always have at an event.
In this case George is right as the Rutland SI's specified the system George difined. Peter Richardson beat you because he had a 5th and the best you got was a 6th.
Cheers
Bob
Archive
Archive

Normally the ties seem to favour Bob Carter [Bob]

Post by Archive »

Bob replied:

This is ripe coming from the guy who:
1) scraped second place at Rutland this year on a tiebreak from Stuart Snell.
2) Last year won the event from a 4 way tie break on 12 points with only 1 x 1st and 1 x 3rd from Stuart Snell, Steve Hanby and Paul Smith all of whom had a 1st and a 2nd - this was because Rutland had decided to break the ties on discarded result (for some reason best known to themselves)!!!!!