The UK Dart 15 Association

A normal day for a Dart 16 owner? [Peter]

Dart 15 Chat
Archive
Archive

A normal day for a Dart 16 owner? [Peter]

Post by Archive »

Peter wrote:

The following was spotted on the Dart 16 chat page. Perhaps he should have bought a Dart 15!

"Getting my boat off the trailer yesterday I noticed a sloshing sound inside the hulls. Rested it on the trolley with the transoms on the ground, removed the stern hatch covers and sure enough there was about 5 litres of water in each hull. I was able to drain some of it by removing the bungs but most of it remained trapped in the skegs. Where could it have come from ? My initial thought was that months of rainwater had managed to find its way in but since the boat's always kept with the top cover on that couldn't be the case. The only hole I can think of which is meant to be there is the breather hole on each transom. I was surprised at the volume of water inside the hulls of a boat which has probably spent a total of only 50 hours on the water in its life, and I hope that there aren't any holes where there shouldn't be. Has anyone else found water in this quantity in their hulls ? Incidentally when groping round inside the hulls I found blistering of the polythene in quite a few places. I hope my hulls aren't on the way out !"
Archive
Archive

strong wind sailing, 15's can, 16's can't [Gordon]

Post by Archive »

Gordon replied:

Exciting racing Wednesday evening, 25 knots but manageable. 2 Dart 16's out and my 15.
After 1 lap, both Dart 16's retired hurt, masts on both just folded in half. Hope they're not insured with Tim.
Dart 15's are definitely made of stronger stuff.