The UK Dart 15 Association

Shrouds [Keith in Singapore]

Dart 15 Chat
Archive
Archive

Shrouds [Keith in Singapore]

Post by Archive »

Keith in Singapore wrote:

I'm making a brief visit to the UK next week.

While I'm there I want to get some new shrouds/forestay/bridles made up. I'll get them made at Rowsell & Morrison in Exmouth so I can't get them at the recently posted savvy chandlers......so

Can someone let me know the wire specs, thimble sizes and lengths between pin bearing surfaces so I can get them made. Not that I think it makes a difference to the shroud lengths, my mast is a one piece......dumb statement probably, but godda ask....

Anybody help?

Cheers

Keith
Archive
Archive

Shrouds [George]

Post by Archive »

George replied:

Keith, Just order them from Spencer rigging. You then get them plastic coated. They delivered to me the next day. There must be somewhere you can get them sent so you can collect...

Further info from previous posts:

Further to Bob's request and of intrest to all owners of new Dart15's and thoses with new sails. Plastic covered shrouds are available from Spencer Rigging 01983 292144 at only ?13.50 a pair they keep your new sail clean, cheap at half the price ask for Ben Bradley and mention the Association

Please note for those interested in these shrouds that the price quoted does not include the Adjuster covers which are standard on Dart 15s. You need to request that they fit RWO Rigging Screw Covers (#R9242)when you order the shrouds. It will probably add about ?4.50 to the price of a pair of shrouds.
Cheers
Bob Carter