Archive

What's my sail number?? (repeat) [Scott Neuman]

Post by Archive »

Scott Neuman wrote:

Still no takers on this.

Here are my hull numbers:

Port hull: 1S1787
Starboard: 2S1810

Can anyone tell me how that translates into a sail number? Currently the sail's marked 2001, which is obviously wrong. Rudders are marked 1042, which sounds reasonable, but no way of knowing if they are original or not.

Many thanks to the "clever dude" out there who can help me.

Cheers,

Scott
Archive
Archive

What's my sail number? [Mark Aldridge]

Post by Archive »

Mark Aldridge replied:

Scott

I think you'll only get any joy from The Laser Centre. All of the information on this web site (kindly volunteered by Bob Carter)is based on sail numbers. 2001 is most certainly incorrect, I reckon 1960 is about the newest boat out there at the moment. Mine is 1930 and she is 1 1/2 now.........

Generally people only look at the hull numbers when taking out insurance.

Having said that, I am looking at my measurement certificate for my boat (if you haven't one of these, then you need to trace one!)and the last six digits read 040000. My boat was new on April 2000 which you can (possibly?) realy to the 04 and either of the double zeros?

This is pure speculation, but you never know...

If you do break the code, perhaps you can share it with the rest of the Dart fraternity?

Good Luck

Mark Aldridge
Dart 15 #1930 - 'Nothing Ever Happens'
Archive
Archive

Measurement Certificate? [Alan Price]

Post by Archive »

Alan Price replied:

Mark,I did'nt know 15s have such things believing that they were clones like Lasers.I bought my boat back in Feb.2000 and did'nt think of asking about a certificate.Have I made a major blunder?

Regards,Alan
Archive
Archive

Measurement Certificate [Mark Aldridge]

Post by Archive »

Mark Aldridge replied:

Yes, all Dart 15's should have a measurement certificate. It comes with the new boat and is changed to show the new owners details.

Try the Laser Centre first then try WH Insurance, cos' they register new boats and make the changes on sales or transfers. I don't know what sort of archive they have!

Not having one doesn't stop you racing or anything, but it is a part of the boat that authenticates the components with the sail number and date of manufacture etc.etc...

Hope this helps.

Mark
Archive
Archive

Sail Numbers again [Keith in Singapore]

Post by Archive »

Keith in Singapore replied:

Scott

Bob was right first time. Tim has the info. to get you the right sail number. He masquerades as Cat Man.......dodgy..

The guy I contacted at the Laser Centre wasn't as clued up, though they must have records it was a blood/stone excercise.

Can't remember my hull numbers, but mines (apparently) 1083, 1985.

Maybe there's a competition out there to break the builders code by posting some sail numbers/hull numbers. I was informed that the hull number does relate specifically to sail number, not build date etc....but I may be wrong....(as ever there is always that remote chance!!!)....

As an aside I never new measurement certificates existed.....not sure if they do for 18's even. Maybe it's a new thing for those lucky lads with the new boats...

Cheers

Keith
Archive
Archive

Sail Numbers & spondoolies [Bob]

Post by Archive »

Bob replied:

Hi Scott, Looks like Tim will sort out this data if you are a member of the Dart 15 Association. It only costs ?10 so it's a good deal, really (and it does help keep Gordon in new cars!).
It looks like the Hong Kong contingent is one of the most active on the wen page. I presume that you know the two Keiths.
Cheers
Bob
Archive
Archive

It was a joke, Gordon - honest. [Bob]

Post by Archive »

Bob replied:

Just testing if you are still there and awake!
Archive
Archive

Sail # [Scott Neuman]

Post by Archive »

Scott Neuman replied:

Ok, I'm getting the message loud and clear: if I wanna know my sail proper sail number, I've got to join the Dart 15 Assoc.

My cheque will be in the mail this week!

Cheers,

Scott
P.S. I met Keith in Singapore once before he left; the other Keith (Bartlett that is, still in Hong Kong) I just talked to this morning.
Archive
Archive

Maybe a joke but....... [Keith in Singapore]

Post by Archive »

Keith in Singapore replied:

That time of year for those prestigious new number plates is upon us, and it's the 'new' 'A' apparently, so extra vigilance and auditing those accounts required this year...

However what does a tenner buy you these days......1 and a half hatch covers, a 3 race burgee, half a trapeze wire.....or enough petrol to get you out of the drive on your way to the nationals.....

Scott......a bargain at twice the price......'cos road tax for Gordon will probably go up to...!!

End.....but seriously if Bob has got my old archive quoting my hull numbers (boat in storage at present)....it may warrant getting out the enigma machine.....

Keith
Archive
Archive

Keith's hull numbers [Bob]

Post by Archive »

Bob replied:

Keith's numbers were as follows:

1C248 (Port) and 2C249 (Starboard). I think it is beyond an Enigma machine to work out how they result in Keith's sail number.

I think Scotts only chance is to join up and call Tim's bluff.
Cheers
Bob