The UK Dart 15 Association

Nationals - 45 entries and rising! [Bob]

Dart 15 Chat
Archive
Archive

Nationals - 45 entries and rising! [Bob]

Post by Archive »

Bob wrote:

We are doing very well with entries for our National Championships at Pentewan starting 25 Aug.

We have 45 advance entries so far which means we are certain of getting 50 and 55 is pretty likely as we have a number of our members who always enter at the event.
THIS IS GREAT. WE NEED TO BE IN THE 50+ CLUB (if not the mile high club)

Some of the statistics include

30 of the 45 are staying for the fun week so the trips should be well supported - see Steve Petts & Di Cocks' super programme of social activities.

25 of the 45 did not attend last year and quite a few of them are new to the Nationals (GREAT).
Thus far 20 of last years 34 have entered (I expect this to increase to 25+)

The demographics of the class seem to be changing drastically. Clubs advance entry is as follows:

Grafham 8
Beaver 7
Shanklin 5
Gurnard 4
Stewartby 3
Carsington 3
Rutland 2 (shame on you!)
Blithfield 2 (new, new, new)
Sandwich Bay 2 ( a couple of old codgers!)
Instow 1 (they will only Sprint - even when it is near by)
lots of singles

AND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marconi 0
Herne Bay 0
Seasalter 0
Whitstable 0
So the East Coast fleet enthusiasm is down the pan, which is a big shame.

We have

6 two up boats
1 Lady
18 over 50s
3 over 60s
22 think that they are as heavy as Nick Dewhirts (hey Nick that make you the median weight of the fleet! - I've never thought of Nick as average!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Provided Roger the Dodger turns up (I'm sure he will) we will have all the National Champions since 1990 present.

It all looking good.

For those who have not yet signed up, it's not too late too late to change your minds. you just have to enter at the event.

We should have a GREAT TIME

Cheers

Bob