The UK Dart 15 Association

Rigging & Hull maintenance [Tony]

Dart 15 Chat
Archive
Archive

Rigging & Hull maintenance [Tony]

Post by Archive »

Tony wrote:

Well thats the Cat off the beach for winter.I've enjoyed my first season in a 15. Now for the maintenance. The tips on skegs are great mine need some work. My rigging needs replacing can anyone tell me the correct lengths, mine seem to be a bit of a miss match. Also whats the optimum mast rake & are 15's allowed a rope link in the forstay like the 18's. Mine is an old Spark cat No 841 & the hulls are getting tatty has anyone any tips on painting hulls (no I can't afford a new one)P.S if Dave Willerby of open dingy clubs out there I think we went to school & sailed together at CMYC drop me an e-mail dave.
Archive
Archive

Maintenence [Graham]

Post by Archive »

Graham replied:

My Suggestion is if you want any advice on gelcoat repairs or need any rigging making up speak to Steve Sawford, SS Marine 01536 330477. He is a keen Dart 15er and is very helpfull.
Archive
Archive

Rigging lengths [Bob]

Post by Archive »

Bob replied:

Tony,
I suggest you buy your rigging from Spencer Rigging on the IOW. They are much cheaper than the Laser Centre and they have made most bits for the Gurnard Dart 15 owners so they know the lengths - this is certainly true for the shrouds. Also they do them on plastic coated wire which keeps your sails clean.
I reproduce below one of my earlier entries which give the details.
Cheers
Bob Carter

Plastic covered shrouds are available from Spencer Rigging 01983 292144 at only ?13.50 a pair they keep your new sail clean, cheap at half the price ask for Ben Bradley and mention the Association

Please note for those interested in these shrouds that the price quoted does not include the Adjuster covers which are standard on Dart 15s. You need to request that they fit RWO Rigging Screw Covers (#R9242)when you order the shrouds. It will probably add about ?4.50 to the price of a pair of shrouds.
Cheers
Bob Carter
Archive
Archive

Rigging&maintenance [Tony]

Post by Archive »

Tony replied:

Thanks for the replies guys. I will contact Steve about the hulls & the IOW people about new rigging (wife says she'll buy it for XMAS) regards Tony