The UK Dart 15 Association

Spark 272

Dart 15 Boat Database
Springbok
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

Spark 272

Post by Springbok »

Bought in July 2006 from a Mr Alan Bason in Blakeney, Norfolk, who was in the process of emigrating to Italy. According to Mr Bason, Spark 272 had spent the last 10 years or so stored in his garage. Apparently she was given to Mr Bason's son as part payment for some work he had done for the original owner (name unknown). Mr Bason also told me that the original owner probably bought her new, and soon afterwards moved to Kenya, taking 272 with him. It appears that he then moved to Bahrain, again taking 272 with him before returning to Norfolk where 272 transferred into the hands of the Bason's. The Bahrain story is supported, as 272 has a "Bahrain Yacht Club" registration plate attached to one of her transoms. The mainsail and sail bag are also marked with the BYC reg. number.
Does she qualify for the "Most Widely Travelled" award ?

She is quite old, but I am slowly sprucing her up. I really only intend to use her for fun sailing with the family.

She has white hulls with red (somewhat faded) stripes, and the orange / yellow mainsail. She also has an orange jib which is a bit tired, and also doesn't match the orange on the mainsail either, so I assume this was a later addition.
Spark 272