The UK Dart 15 Association

Spark 127

Dart 15 Boat Database
Elliott
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Spark 127

Post by Elliott »

Purchased by Elliott Fougman in August 2006 from a guy based in Shropshire who I believe owned it for around 10 years. He purchased a new set of sails in approximately 2004 from the Laser centre.

In December 2006 the boat was sent to Steve Sawford to work a little of his magic with what must be one of the oldest sparks that is still being raced.

She is currently based out of Thorpe Bay Yacht Club in Essex Http://www.tbyc.org

The boat has red stripes on each hull which supposedly make it go faster (just like the other XR3i's in Essex!!). There is currently no name on her but this will be rectified at some point soon.

I have e-mailed the previous owner of the boat to see if we can find any other info on her history.
Oldest Spark in the fleet??
Andrew Hannah
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Andrew Hannah »

Elliott Fougman admits that since moving to London, he hasn't sailed his Sprint as much as he would have liked. He has therefore decided to sell.

Number 127 is remaining at Thorpe Bay, having been sold to Andrew Hannah. The intention is to on-sell, in due course, to another club member.

Andrew.
Fading star of the Thorpe Bay fleet
Former rugby player in the extra-B
Struggling musician
Second best cabbage in the village show...
Andrew Hannah
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Andrew Hannah »

Sprint 127 has been sold to Mike Thomason of TBYC. Mike has bought it for his son, William who is aged 13.
Struggling musician
Andrew Hannah
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Spark 127

Post by Andrew Hannah »

Young William Thomason now has a Spitfire. Earlier this year, #127 was bought by Finlay Cullender of TBYC.
Struggling musician
JimJeffery
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by JimJeffery »

Hi, as one of the oldest Sparkie I owned 127 in 1982, bought from guy at Grafham. I then had a trailer with a USMarine Corps coffin on it as a box, and even slept in it. Last I saw of the boat and trailer was in Seasalter. I moved on to 555 SEXpress, and then a new boat 1664 in 1991. I now have a Steve Salford buld 1784, which I still sail now and again in warmer climes. OR I could have owned 126 and 127 was own ed by a guy from PILL in Bristol for the 1983 Nationals at Pentewen. Who has those records now?
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

JimJeffery wrote:Hi, as one of the oldest Sparkie I owned 127 in 1982, bought from guy at Grafham. I then had a trailer with a USMarine Corps coffin on it as a box, and even slept in it. Last I saw of the boat and trailer was in Seasalter. I moved on to 555 SEXpress, and then a new boat 1664 in 1991. I now have a Steve Salford buld 1784, which I still sail now and again in warmer climes. OR I could have owned 126 and 127 was own ed by a guy from PILL in Bristol for the 1983 Nationals at Pentewen. Who has those records now?
1983 - my word - you must be joking :?
Cheers
Bob
JimJeffery
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by JimJeffery »

My apologies.
I have found some old pic s of Spark Rallies, 8 boats at the Nationals at Pentewen 1982 or 1983.
My boat number was 172