The UK Dart 15 Association

The Grafham Cat Open 20/21 October

Dart 15 Chat
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

The Grafham Cat Open 20/21 October

Post by Bob Carter »

For the last 2 or 3 years the Sprint 15 fleet have gone off site to the Lion at Buckden for a meal on the Saturday evening of the Car Open. We organised it because the Club insisted on hiring a disco in the top bar and the Sprint 15 fleet would rather just have a nice meal and a chat over a pint (or a glass or 6 of red wine) without having to shout over the noise of a disco. It has been very successful and already quite a lot of people have asked me if we are organising it again this year.
Well this year the Club has agreed to not having a disco - so I'm putting my energies into organising a decent meal in the upstairs bar ( 3 courses & coffee for £12.50). It will be served at 7pm but will need to be booked before hand (just like the Lion). I'm hoping that the later time, the nicer surroundings (than the wet bar) and the lack of the disco will make it a really successful venture.
The reason for this posting is to forewarn you. I'm hopeful that the Sprint 15s will support it in big numbers (just like the Lion functions in previous years). Bring the wife, girl/boy friend, etc.
Full details (including the menu) will be provided in the Notice of Race which will be posted on this web site soon.
Cheers
Bob
Charles
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Charles »

Looking forward to it, I'm planning to be there & hopefully with more Halifax boats too.
Charles
1237, Sticks and Stones
1942, Ingrid
Yorkshire Dales SC
God does not deduct from our allotted life span the time spent sailing (or talking, texting, reading, posting to websites & emailing about it)
Robin Boardman
Warrant Officer (Class Two)
Warrant Officer (Class Two)

Post by Robin Boardman »

It sounds like an excellent idea to me. I will certainly be reserving a place

Robin Boardman 1758
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Hi Guys,
Don't forget to get your entry in by this weekend (14 Oct) to avoid the £5 levy which is charged if you enter on the day. Order your meal (with selections) at the same time.
The entry form is on this website under Events/2007/Grafham
Cheers
Bob
SSCBen
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by SSCBen »

No Skegs Akimbo at Grafham unfortunately. :( :( :cry:
Spark 252 "Skegs Akimbo"
Martin Searle
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Martin Searle »

SSCBen wrote:No Skegs Akimbo at Grafham unfortunately. :( :( :cry:
Hi Ben,

How's Uni going?

Right I'll be straight onto Kevin and bagsy my boats place on his trailer for the usual fee :D

My Entry is somewhere in the postal strike,

Martin S.
Ex Sprint 15 Webmaster
Ex Seasalter SC Webmaster
RYA Regional Race Officer (South East Region) (Expired)
RYA Club Race Coach (Expired)
RYA Dinghy Sailing Instructor (Expired)
cedric
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by cedric »

Bob
Does the sailing club get locked up at night?
I am likely to arrive sometime betwwen 9 & 10 Friday evening and am not sure what the parking is like at the the B&B so it could be useful to drop the boat off
Andrew Hannah
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Andrew Hannah »

cedric wrote:Bob
Does the sailing club get locked up at night?
I am likely to arrive sometime betwwen 9 & 10 Friday evening and am not sure what the parking is like at the the B&B so it could be useful to drop the boat off
I say it does!

I remember my first visit to Grafham about five years ago. Whilst everybody was packing-up on the last day, I was in the bar. I intended returning home on the monday, so I was in no hurry. In the gloom, I eventually, loaded my boat onto its trailer. However, there was an eerie silence and I realised I was completely alone. When I drove to the gates, I found they were locked up for the night!

Fortunately, I had my B&B lady's number programmed into my mobile phone, and she came to rescue me. Phew!
Fading star of the Thorpe Bay fleet
Former rugby player in the extra-B
Struggling musician
Second best cabbage in the village show...
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Hi
I have just checked and the Club gates will be open on Friday night so you can dump your boats. They do get locked up on the Sunday night (hopefully) after the last punter has left.
Cheers
Bob
B.A.Turner
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Grafham

Post by B.A.Turner »

Bob,
We are not going back home until Monday, are the gates open on the Monday 22nd.
Brian 1984
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Yes
They are open each day by 9am.
Cheers
Bob
cedric
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by cedric »

Unfortunately I seem to have gone down with a bad cold and am having trouble breathing and so won’t be coming to Grafham.
This is particularly annoying as I loaded my new boat and brought it home last weekend, have paid £21 for entry, £12.50 for the evening meal and a £20 deposit on the B&B!
Before I contact the B&B though I wondered if anyone is looking for single B&B accommodation, it is West Perry Bed & Breakfast, 38 West Perry, and so very convenient – if you want it let me know and I will tell the B&B