The UK Dart 15 Association

Sprint 15 Magazine

Dart 15 Chat
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Sprint 15 Magazine

Post by Bob Carter »

I hear that a new magazine is winging it's way to out members as we speak. This will be George Love's 1st edition. Will it be any good?
Watch this space.
Cheers
Bob
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

I got my Mag and it is EXCELLENT.
Well Done George. A super job.
Bob
:P
Chris
Warrant Officer (Class One)
Warrant Officer (Class One)

Sprint 15 Magazine

Post by Chris »

Great, well done.
Chris

p.s. cracking cartoon of 007 :D
Steve Willis
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Magazine

Post by Steve Willis »

Great job George, thank you.

I will try an get my article cut down for the next one as you requested.

Steve
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

THE Mag

Post by Robert »

Cracking Mag Grommit!
Robert England
Andrew Hannah
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Andrew Hannah »

The change from one editor to another has been a seamless transission. The current issue is as good as it has ever been. So, resounding thanks to the two people involved: Paul Smith and George Love.

We have a number of new Sprint owners at Thorpe Bay, so this was their first issue. They liked it.

Best picture for me is of Charles Watson on page 6. Wow!
Fading star of the Thorpe Bay fleet
Former rugby player in the extra-B
Struggling musician
Second best cabbage in the village show...
Charles
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Charles »

Glad you liked the picture of me Andrew, or rather of my legs as the wave hit me while hiking hard, it wasn't a very warm wave either!

George L , excellent mag, read it cover to cover already! I've seen most of the boats on the cover at most of those angles, but not usually with skipper still attached!! I really liked the different views of the Nats, excellent stuff. Elenya was also very pleased to be in a "newspaper"! Oh, and your mast-walking picture is teriffic, hope you keep that as your signature photo (unless you manage to get caught in a more amusing position!!).

Brian, I'm sure your article will make more sense when I service my rudders, I've had the boat 4 years now, so I think it's about time I had a look at them this winter.

Ray, nice tip bits!

Martyn E, I think Bob is about the only person who could talk his way into spending their 25th Aniversary at a sailing event! You might manage to negotiate the Nats races & dip out on the fun events if you can get the flights sorted just right!!
Charles
1237, Sticks and Stones
1942, Ingrid
Yorkshire Dales SC
God does not deduct from our allotted life span the time spent sailing (or talking, texting, reading, posting to websites & emailing about it)
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Newsprint

Post by George Love »

May I say a big THANK YOU for all the good vibes posted about the Mag. and to all who have sent e-mail messages in the same vein. They are much appreciated and I have, as a result, forgotten the moments when I feared it was not going to happen due to my limited understanding of how computers work!!!
Many thanks, as noted before, go to Mr. and Mrs. Dartful Codger for all their help and guidance.
Thanks to those who contributed to the Mag. and I will be very pleased to receive new articles for forthcoming issues (next one around March) from members over and above the usual event reports. Some more funny stuff would be good, what's happening around the clubs. What are members doing away from the circuit in the sailing world e.g. Carl Blenkinsop's recent postings about getting the youth of his club into cat sailing have been very interesting and encouraging. After all, the youth are the future of everything. I know it can be difficult to find the time to put pen to paper but I am happy to take the ideas and make something out of them.
Regards to all the readers!
George
George Love : Fly-by-Wire : 2019
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Newsprint

Post by Bob Carter »

George Love wrote: Thanks to those who contributed to the Mag. and I will be very pleased to receive new articles for forthcoming issues (next one around March) from members over and above the usual event reports. Some more funny stuff would be good,
George
Sounds to me like we need to press gang Andrew Hannah into action on the funny stuff - I very much enjoyed the dry suit article.
Are there any other jokers we can play? All ideas welcome.
eamonn
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by eamonn »

Getting depressed watching the postman walk past each day without the nice big envelope containing my magazine :( Has everyone else received theirs?

Waiting Expectantly
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Eamonn
If you want us to research what has gone wrong and to correct it you need to E Mail me or George Love with your full name, address and boat sail number so we can check it out. We have quite a few Eamonn's on our membership list.
Cheers
Bob
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

newsprint

Post by George Love »

Eamonn - if you have not rec'd your copy by now, then something has gone wrong, I fear. I, personally, have no list of members addresses and no record of the mailing list. I am, however, more than happy to send you a copy direct if, as Bob says, you let me have your home address which I can also pass on to Andy (secy.), for checking/updating.
George Love : Fly-by-Wire : 2019
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

On another matter...

Post by Robert »

Sorry to change the subject but -

Is the surf up on Sunday George?
Robert England