The UK Dart 15 Association

Newsprint Autumn 2010

Dart 15 Chat
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Newsprint Autumn 2010

Post by George Love »

Tonight I feel very much in touch with my feminine side :? - I am multi-tasking -typing this, pulling on a wee dram and, with that physical attribute common to most of the fair sex, am keeping the eye in the back of my head on the unruly staff in the 'Newsprint' post room while they stuff and label envelopes with the latest issue ready for despatch. It's tough but someone's got to do it - drink whisky that is :wink:
So you should receive your copy early next week. If you don't it could be because:
a) the postman threw it in a hedge bottom :cry: or
b) you haven't paid your subs. :oops:
Might I venture the latter is the most likely.
Either way, if it doesn't arrive you need only to e-mail Secy., Keith: membership@sprint15.com with a copy to me: newsletter@sprint15.com and between us we'll sort it or you out :!:
A BIG THANK YOU to all those who contributed articles - over 20 authors in all - is this a record for one issue :?:
Sorry it's a bit later than I was hoping but unforseen events have kept me back a bit recently. If you've never submitted an article for the Magazine, there really is no time like now and I would be truly delighted to hear from you. Go for it!
Cheers & Laughter :lol:
George Love : Fly-by-Wire : 2019
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

Want it NOW :!: Good work, George :D .
Robert England
ray.gall
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Newsprint Autumn 2010

Post by ray.gall »

My thanks to all the contributors to NewSprint, each article is a little gem and so interesting to read about what our membership get up to!
George as always another fantastic 36 page insatiable read, you deserve time to put your feet up and knock back a few wee drams!
The quality of our membership is only matched by its membership’s ability to “sledge” in the highest order of art & literature!
I had the miss fortune last night to have my copy of Newsprint as usual delivered by pony express, this normally is a good thing however, I was at a Carsington evening function with 90+ of my local sailing chums who managed to rip the magazine from my tight grasp...........
Whilst you may have broken our code name GRRR and teensy – weensy bit jealous of our recent sailing successes and extra ordinary activities I can assure you that our agent and club bodyguards BIG GILLY & BRUISER DALTON (these local farm boys not to be messed with) await the “James Gang” arrival on the 4th December :evil:
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

Postman hasn't finished with mine yet :evil:
Robert England
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by George Love »

Sorry, but in an effort to be prudent with Class funds, the postage is second class :|
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

It's alright, I just think that our postman steamed it open, read it then put it through our letterbox. I must talk to him about getting a Sprint 15.
Robert England
Steve Willis
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Excellent

Post by Steve Willis »

Well done George,

Excellent format and content - such a variety.

I read mine while Joan was out clearing all the leaves from the garden, now she's collapsed in a chair to read hers. Before the chauvinism creeps in she sat in the conservatory reading yesterday while I was replacing the garage guttering in the rain ! - my day off today.

Sadly prizegiving at SSC was last Saturday following derigging - roll on spring, but first to repair all the rudder blades after several weeks of northerlys and high speed beaching. Plus new trapeze wires on the 18.
Mark Aldridge
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Mark Aldridge »

Nice one George!

Excellent as ever and I'm just sorry I wasn't @ Netley..
Mark Aldridge
Derek James
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post by Derek James »

George , another great magazine ! You must put days /weeks into producing such a comprehensive magazine !
It will be good to see all of the GRRR gang on the 4th !
Cheers
Derek
Derek ( Dray cat ) Sprint 1744
Andrew Hannah
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Andrew Hannah »

Lovely issue. Thank you, George.

The picture of Erling on the front cover says it all. Just look at those scintilating conditions: spray and speed! It's a spectacular photo. It also shows what Thorpe Bay is like. The pier is much further away than it looks.

Our magazine has a nice blend of pictures and script. Fortunately, George avoids the modern trend of high-lighting people's names. It is something I absolutely loathe.

As for the models on page 7....... words fail me!
Fading star of the Thorpe Bay fleet
Former rugby player in the extra-B
Struggling musician
Second best cabbage in the village show...
Leapy
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Post by Leapy »

Great reading George but where did you get that picture of me??
Always sailing into the sunset
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by George Love »

Hi Peter,
From one of the many hidden cameras employed to roam the country at will. You never know when you'll be caught :D The archive is growing ever more comprehensively!
I am happy to receive any other "mugshots" you care to send me for a future contribution if you're not entirely happy with the one I've used.
On a general note, I do hope contributors are entirely happy that I use their mugshots in articles. I think it's good to put faces to names. If anyone does object for any reason, I will be pleased to leave them out. Hope that's OK with everyone
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

I'm just really impressed by the picture of the Carsington Village People :oops:
Robert England
Robin Newbold
Warrant Officer (Class One)
Warrant Officer (Class One)

Post by Robin Newbold »

I've heard about this photo, (having not seen it as it's at home) and it sounds not too far removed from Ray's normal going-out clothes
ray.gall
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Newsprint Autumn 2010

Post by ray.gall »

Whats wrong with my outdoor clothes :?: