The UK Dart 15 Association

Newsprint Spring 2012

Dart 15 Chat
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Newsprint Spring 2012

Post by George Love »

Just to let the readers know that the latest issue of the Class Magazine was despatched in the post today. :)
So, if yours doesn't arrive in the next day or so, it could be because:
1. the postie threw it in a hedge bottom - unlikely :(
2. You've moved house and not told us - possible :?
3. You've not paid your subs - very possible :oops:
In the case of 1. there's probably not a lot we can do unless you can convince us that this is what happened!
In the case of 2., you should get in touch with with Keith (membership) Bartlett and give him updated details : membership@sprint15.com
In the case of 3., you should again get in touch with Keith but with your chequebook at hand!
In the case of 2. or 3., and when matters have been addressed (or readdressed as the case may be!), I shall be delighted to put another copy in the post to you
My grateful thanks as ever to those who have put pen to paper and produced articles.
It may have come to your attention that we benefit from a number of regular contributors who always find time to pen an article - on behalf of all the membership : THANK YOU!
If you've never before provided an article, might you think about doing so? I would be delighted. It can be literally be about anything and even only tenuously related to S15 sailing. It can be serious, funny, full of tittle tattle, mildly slanderous :evil: (editors decision pending), technical, historical, opinionated, etc., etc. So, go on - have a go - you know it makes sense and will make our mag. even better. If you fancy being the 'STIG' get in touch with me offline - your secrets will be safe - guaranteed!! :wink:
And - if you've got a burning issue you would like to see reported, let me know and I'll see what can be done
Cheers for now - I'm off for a wee dram :lol:
George Love : Fly-by-Wire : 2019
Mark Aldridge
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Newsprint Spring 2012

Post by Mark Aldridge »

I only find out when the mag's been delivered after Anna & Abby have finished reading it!

Let's hope we get some good action shots @ Instow..
Mark Aldridge
simon
Captain
Captain

Post by simon »

Got mine

Once again, great work George

Thanks

Simon
Mark Aldridge
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Mark Aldridge »

Nice one George and staff.
Mark Aldridge
ray.gall
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ray.gall »

George, Mol, Liz & Kay and the rest of the staff, great job!
Once again a magnificent effort, fantastic read :D
My appreciation to all of the contributors.
Take arest George and have yourself several wee drams :)
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

Well done, George! What a great layout. :D :D :D
Robert England
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Nice one George.
Are you still sober*?
Cheers
Bob
* it doubtless depends on the size or multiplicity of the "wee dram" :D :D :D :D :D
Robin Boardman
Warrant Officer (Class Two)
Warrant Officer (Class Two)

Post by Robin Boardman »

The latest newsprint was an excellent - so many good articles, including "Class Struggle" of which I eagerly await the next episode.

We can tell people that joining the association is worth it for the magazine alone.

Robin Boardman
Andrew Hannah
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Andrew Hannah »

I agree with Robin. For me, it was refreshing to read a decently long article. This edition had two contrasting articles on cruising which somehow supplemented Nick's words on the Spark rallies.

I know very little about the early days, ie the Sparks. If someone was around at the time, perhaps he could be encouraged to write something more about the rallies.
Fading star of the Thorpe Bay fleet
Former rugby player in the extra-B
Struggling musician
Second best cabbage in the village show...
Charles
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Charles »

George, excellent read, as ever, I can't believe it's five years, how time flies.

I'm doing my best to sell the association by selling my spare boat (at last!), unfortunately it is going to live in France for a while, fortunately I'm hoping it will pop back for visits.

I was interested in Nick's comment about clubs thinking it is too windy when we win on handicap. At Halifax I think we start to get competitive at the top end of a 2 & win consistently at the top end of a 3. Below these wind speeds I just enjoy getting in the mono's way!!
Charles
1237, Sticks and Stones
1942, Ingrid
Yorkshire Dales SC
God does not deduct from our allotted life span the time spent sailing (or talking, texting, reading, posting to websites & emailing about it)
Charles
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Charles »

Excellent Cover photo Pauline, not sure who was bravest though, Paul, you or your driver!!

I am slightly concerned for Paul's mental state though... he appears to be kissing an invisible crew. Is Hannah aware of this "person" & does she see her (presumably??) as any threat to future happiness? :? :lol:
Charles
1237, Sticks and Stones
1942, Ingrid
Yorkshire Dales SC
God does not deduct from our allotted life span the time spent sailing (or talking, texting, reading, posting to websites & emailing about it)