Newsprint Spring 2016

Dart 15 Chat
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Newsprint Spring 2016

Post by George Love »

Hi Folks,
It's just about this time I get round to thinking about the next issue of your favourite magazine in an effort to get it out around end April/beginning May.
Looking at what I have to publish, I have to advise it's not a lot. There's barely enough to fill 15 pages :( (and that includes the usual stuff) together with advance publication of National's details which usually fits into the Spring edition. As this size, it's difficult to justify the costs not to mention that it won't be much of a read. Another 15 pages of articles is roughly what we need to make a worthwhile issue.
So, readers - over to you. Please keep me in a job.......... :wink:
Standing by.......
George Love : Fly-by-Wire : 2019
Jon Pearse
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Re: Newsprint Spring 2016

Post by Jon Pearse »

How about adding a classifieds page? Taking the buy and sell page and putting in the mag and contacting those advertising through appolloduck to see if they want there boat details in our magazine for a small donation!
Jon Pearse
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Post by Jon Pearse »

Forgot to add that will only leave 14 pages to get :!:
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by George Love »

To reply to Jon's post - Up to now we have drawn back from adding classifieds in the magazine as this brings with it a whole set of additional consideration such as management of adverts, arranging artwork, dealing with the payments and potential legal issues. But if The Class want to reconsider and someone would like to take responsibility for the management, etc., it could be done. Are you volunteering your services in that regard, Jon? :?
I shall, of course, continue to include free adverts for Windsport and W H Insurance for the unique services they provide.
Liam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Liam »

Organising adverts from iPhone pictures, Publisher documents and scans of old business cards is the path to madness.
2034 - No Quarter, 1957 - Dreadnought, 1709 - Biscuit
Shanklin Sailing Club
Holder of OTT Shield
9th most improved at 2018 Nationals
Jon Pearse
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Post by Jon Pearse »

George it was just an idea as a bit of padding. Unfortunately I am not the best man to volunteer for these sorts of things as the only sort of padding I know is of the plastic kind :!: :lol:
Jenny Ball
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Jenny Ball »

Hi George

Would a write up from the Training Day at Marconi on 16th April be too late for this edition? If its not too late - I could fill a page with that (and I promise to write it up quickly!)
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by George Love »

I was hoping someone would do that, Jenny - well volunteered. Can you please include some good pictures. Many thanks :D
Jenny Ball
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Jenny Ball »

Hi George - no problem, consider it done. Judging by the names who have signed up already - we will have a photogenic bunch!!
Gordon
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post by Gordon »

Hi Guys

I've been talking to our esteemed magazine Editor, Mr George Love and he needs some help.
George is doing his utmost to put together the next magazine for May but he's feeling the pressure because he still needs articles to turn it into the magazine we love.
Can I please urge you all to help him out, he does a heck of a lot of work to put this together, but at the end of the day, he can only work with what we contribute to it.
So please Guys, it's down to you, he would be delighted to receive any articles that may relate to sailing a Sprint 15 or the antics of any of our members or possibly what's going on at your club.
Everyone I speak to loves the magazine, but at the end of the day, it's only what we put in it that makes it happen.

Contributions would be enthusiastically received from any member....by the end of April would be nice.

Thanks
Gordon