The UK Dart 15 Association

Marconi Trainer Boat - Maiden Voyage!

Dart 15 Chat
Richard_Piper
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Marconi Trainer Boat - Maiden Voyage!

Post by Richard_Piper »

Having stayed relatively dry for the past 10 years, I figured it was about time to pull out the wetsuit and get back in to some proper sailing, so it was off to Alexander Palace for the annual dinghy show to see what's what. Half way round and I find the sprint 15 stand along with a whole bunch of friendly, knowledgeable people only to willing to tell me all about this fantastic fleet.

Bursting with excitement i wanted to know how i could get my hands on one for a test sail, when Gordon suggested I head over to the 'Marconi Teach in' to try and hitch a ride.

To my amazement not only was the Marconi trainer boat made available for me, but it was her maiden voyage. She'd undergone a complete overall and been donated to the Marconi club to help people just like me get back in to sailing... I couldnt believe my luck, so massive thanks to the donators and to Mike Godwin who was kind enough to give up his own sailing time to coach me!

Great job Jenny and the team for facilitating the event. Fantastic day!!

Richard Piper
(Actively seeking sprint15 for sale)
:D
Jenny Ball
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Marconi Trainer Boat - Maiden Voyage!

Post by Jenny Ball »

Hi Richard

Its great to welcome you to the fleet and I am glad you enjoyed yesterday as well!

As discussed yesterday - I have emailed some of our colleagues at Thorpe Bay who may have a Sprint 15 of the age and budget you are thinking of. Will put you in touch as soon as I hear back!

Jenny
Liam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Marconi Trainer Boat - Maiden Voyage!

Post by Liam »

Lots of boats for sale here: http://www.sprint15.com/buysell.php

If you wanted 1770 we can deliver it next weekend.

There's also a couple of old Sparks at Shanklin if you wanted something cheap and cheerful.
2034 - No Quarter, 1957 - Dreadnought, 1709 - Biscuit
Shanklin Sailing Club
Holder of OTT Shield
9th most improved at 2018 Nationals