The UK Dart 15 Association

Sprint 15's in Plymouth and looking for bits

Dart 15 Chat
AndyS
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

Sprint 15's in Plymouth and looking for bits

Post by AndyS »

We now have 5 S15's in Plymouth! 563, 564, 1396, 1540 and 1547, all being sailed by the Royal Western Yacht Youth Academy sailors.

Plenty of photos here from the guys out enjoying the boats over the bank holdiay weekend including some America's cup style racing right in front of the club for the sailors of the Ostar race to watch. https://www.facebook.com/pg/techniquevo ... 1444129007

We should be bringing all the boats up to the Nationals if we can find enough trailers and cars!

We are on the look out for any old mainsails and jibs as some of the guys are still using spark mains.

We will be racing at Plymouth dinghy regatta this weekend if anyone in the SW wants some racing!
Liam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sprint 15's in Plymouth and looking for bits

Post by Liam »

Very colourful. I have one of the yellow sails for 554. It is pretty slow. Hopefully somebody will persuade Windsport to have another sail offer soon.

Only need two cars and trailers for 5 boats.
2034 - No Quarter, 1957 - Dreadnought, 1709 - Biscuit
Shanklin Sailing Club
Holder of OTT Shield
9th most improved at 2018 Nationals
Jenny Ball
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Jenny Ball »

Hi Andy

It will be great to have the Plymouth contingent at Thorpe Bay!

I am happy to loan a mainsail for the nationals (possibly two, will check at the weekend) if that's any help?

Jenny
DavidGroom
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by DavidGroom »

I have. An old but usable main and jib you can have. Will need propper battens though

Will bring to the Nationals.

P:S Brilliant magazine well done George what a Swan Song
David Groom

For cat sailors life has two certainties d@@@h and racing a Sprint 15
AndyS
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

Post by AndyS »

Hi guys,

Sorry for the lack of reply, trying to run a sail loft, go sailing and organize the cadets at the club hasn't given me much free time in the past few weeks.

We had a fantastic Plymouth Dinghy regatta, 5 Sprints out. I was able to sail 1540 to 3rd overall in the 58 boat fleet after buying it on Wednesday! Pretty happy about that as I never thought I could beat Laser's and their likes on hadicap over shortish courses, being windy deffinatley helped! The other guys had more mixed fortunes with a crash and plenty of swimming, with Aaron Kirby managing to fall over at the start line twice, and Josef Spencer making me right his boat for him on Saturday as he was too worn out after 3 races! But all the youngsters loved it and can't wait for more.

Tom Gureny's boat 1398 is currently down at Windsport being looked at. Does anyone have a spare hull??

Sam Madar has just bought 638 which I collected for him this weekend and we should put together tomorrow.

So we are up to 6 boats now! 4 being sailed by youth sailors.

We would be very grateful for a spare mainsail for 564 and 563 for the nationals as the old spark sails are a tired....

We have a few weeks of lots of practice with guys before the nationals, as they are all a bit nervous about big fleet racing!
Liam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Liam »

We have a pair of Spark hulls on the Isle of Wight. Call me on 01983 721264.
2034 - No Quarter, 1957 - Dreadnought, 1709 - Biscuit
Shanklin Sailing Club
Holder of OTT Shield
9th most improved at 2018 Nationals