1594 Eau Pair et al

Dart 15 Chat
George Stephen
Captain
Captain

1594 Eau Pair et al

Post by George Stephen »

Hi All,
I've started a new topic for this. The 1594 sail seen in the Plymouth photos was the original sail and well past its best. I wanted to give it to a financially pressed enthusiastic young group to use mostly as a training/spare/strong wind sail. The Plymouth sprinters fitted to a T. The sail was handed over at the last Thorpe Bay Nationals, with the request/demand that they remove the sail numbers. This is a reminder of that commitment - with the warning that if/when we meet on the water it won't be me me that ends up having to change sail numbers in a hurry....

I haven't been well enough to sail, even at Queen Mary, for far too long due to a number of health issues - which was why I wasn't sailing at Thorpe Bay. The latest has me waiting for a date for my 8th heart procedure in theatre this century. Other problems are partly resolved. I still expect the NHS will do their usual trick of getting me well emough to sail.
George 1594
Jenny Ball
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: 1594 Eau Pair et al

Post by Jenny Ball »

Hi George - great reasons as always for your sail to end up at Plymouth. Wishing you better health and fair winds soon......
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Hi George,
Good to hear from you and I echo what Jenny has put.
The new owner of the old 1594 sail could do the cheap option of taking off one or 2 of the old numbers making sail number 159 or 15.
I doubt anyone would have an issue with either.
The sail numbers can be carefully peeled off. It leaves some sticky glue on the sail that can be cleaned off wiping with a cloth soaked in white spirit.
Cheers
Bob
Corky the Cat
Warrant Officer (Class One)
Warrant Officer (Class One)

Post by Corky the Cat »

Well done, George. Good to know you'll be back as soon as you're mended!
George Stephen
Captain
Captain

Post by George Stephen »

Hi All,
Thx Jenny, Bob and Corky for your kind words, especially your well-wishing for recovery that enables me to show up again - I'm hoping for recovery that enables me to show you all up again !

PS I wish I could remember who Corky is.......
George 1594