The UK Dart 15 Association

2022 Post Nationals Fun Events

Dart 15 Chat
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

2022 Post Nationals Fun Events

Post by George Love »

For those that are going to the Nationals at Windsport and maybe staying for a few days after, I am planning to put together a little programme of social sailing/fun events.
The sort of things could include:
-a Harbour Raid
-cruises in the local area for pasties and ice cream. St. Mawes is a short sail away and sailing members can be joined by non sailing partners/buddies via the local pedestrian ferries/water taxis. A trip to the Ferryboat Inn at Helford Passage for a crab sandwich is a longer voyage but perfectly manageable subject to favourable winds and tides. Again, non sailing members can hook up but would need to go by car.
-fun racing with some alternative twists!
-any other suggestions you might have.
Subject to conditions, I'm suggesting these take place on the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday following the main event. This gives the competitors a lay day on the Tuesday. The finer details will be worked out once we are at Windsport but it will all be very leisurely and as inclusive as possible.
If this might be of interest, drop me an email (george.love@icloud.com) or PM me via this forum so I can get an idea of numbers and ascertain any input we might need from Windsport to make it happen.
Best to All and safe travels to Cornwall
George Love : Fly-by-Wire : 2019
Mark Aldridge
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: 2022 Post Nationals Fun Events

Post by Mark Aldridge »

I may be up for a bit of crewing if anyone wants a fat lad on the front beam for Wednesday!
Mark Aldridge