The UK Dart 15 Association

Number of Dart 15s in the family.

Dart 15 Chat
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Number of Dart 15s in the family.

Post by Bob Carter »

I observe that there are 3 Clarkes who took part in the Marconi TT. Are they all in the same family and living under 1 roof? If so this equals the 3 that were in the Price/Maddison family in the early 1990s. Does anyone know of others with 3 or more Dart 15s (and sailors) in one family? I discount cases where a single sailor owns multiple Dart 15s as types like Steve Sawford would clearly win. I suspect webmaster, Liam, would also be in the running. ;-)
Jenny Ball
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Number of Dart 15s in the family.

Post by Jenny Ball »

Dave, Jason and Jemma Clarke own five Dart 15s between them. Dave (Dad) bought 1521 several years ago. He then bought 1917 from me which Jason immediately commandeered. So Dave was obliged to by 1776 from Kevin Kirby. Meanwhile Jemma bought 1339 from Jon Pearse when he upgraded to 1988. Jason has since bought 2035 so 1917 is now being used by Jemma. Eventually, they will get round to selling 1521 and 1339 - hopefully to encourage new members into the fleet, in the same way it was for them. Until recently, they did live under the same roof but Jemma has recently moved into a place of her own.

The other Clarke - Christophe - is not related. He joined the Dart 15 fleet last year buying 1988 from Jon Pearse when Jon bought his new boat. We are working on Christophe's daughter to join the fleet - she currently crews for her Dad on the Dart 18.
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

My word what a lot of Dart 15s.... :-)
So it sounds like the Clarkes have 3 Dart 15 sailors in one family with lots of boats. I reckon that puts them ahead of the Price/ Maddison family who had 3 sailors and 3 boats.
Regards
Bob
Liam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Liam »

Beats us. Just the three sailors and four boats.
2034 - No Quarter, 1957 - Dreadnought, 1709 - Biscuit
Shanklin Sailing Club
Holder of OTT Shield
9th most improved at 2018 Nationals